Gallery Functionality Closing

Everyone:

Just a quick note to let you know that the “gallery” feature in the forum will be closing in 30 days. We accidentally enabled this feature during an update and didn’t realize it until it was in use. Sorry!

The problem is that these pictures are stored and served from the forum server, which means that we’re paying out of pocket for the bandwidth every time they’re displayed – here or on other forums/websites/etc. It’s a real strain on our budget, and could keep us from being financially able to implement some of the really cool functionality we have planned for the new site launch early next month.

So please take the next month to retrieve any photos you have stored only there and move them to Photobucket, Flickr, or one of the other free hosting services. If you could also replace the photos that you’ve stored in the forum galleries then linked into other posts with correct links, that’ll save everyone from looking at broken links once we remove the images from the server.

Thanks for your help, and sorry to have taken this long to notice that the gallery photos were the source of our bandwidth overages and blown budget!

Please post on here if you need to do a little fundraiser to get you budget back on track. I know when the podcast first started you were all reluctant to accept any money, but I think this might be a unique situation where we could help out.

I should have known something was amiss when that new feature wasn’t announced. I guess I figured I just missed it.

So, end of the month? Jan 31?

this could be the last chance for everybody to check out my Chest playa’s pics… see how I mate and get mated by my friends in various positions… :smiley:

You can move any photos to Photobucket, Flickr, or any of the other free services and link them in on the forum.

Cool :cool: