Full Stargate Rewatch anyone?

Seeing that it seems Stargate is currently the rewatch this Saturday, I thought I would direct everyone who is interested in going full bore on the idea here.
Gateworld is launching a rewatch of the entire Stargate franchise from beginning to end. They have a pretty tight schedule, plans are to start up the last week of July and wrap up Dec 2012, that’s a rate of one full season every month! That’s pretty staggering when you think about it, but I think GWC can hack it.

I know I can’t. Why? Because I’m in the middle of a rewatch now and it’s been ongoing for almost a year now. I just completed season 8 of SG1 and season 1 of SGA, which (thanks to ripping, file dating, and subsequent sorting) I’m watching in the exact order they were aired.

For those willing to take on this daunting but rewarding task, I suggest the following podcasts:

Gatecast: The two (and on rare occasions 3) hosts (One of whom you may have met at the meetup. He had to fly across an ocean to get there) have both seen the show before, and are rewatching it together and commenting on the episode commentary-track style. They’re in season 5 of SG1 so are about 1/3 of the way through. They’ll keep you good company if you listen right after you watch the episode, and remind you of what you’ve passed when (like me) you’ve gone beyond.

The Fifth Race: Also two hosts, also going through the entire series episode by episode. One’s a Stargate fan, the other has kept himself as far from spoilers as possible as he watches the show for the first time. They watch an episode, then go into the studio to record their thoughts. Then, they frequently repeat that a few times to get several episodes in the can. They’re in season 7 right now, and make another good show to listen to after watching an episode.

Pulp Audio Weekly (My own show) is doing a series on Stargate. Two of the hosts get together once a month or so and record a couple hours of episode-by-episode discussion on a complete season. The first few seasons we released as single episodes, but the past 2 we’ve split into 2-parters. We just completed season 5, and may need to slow our recording schedule down a bit as we near where I am in my rewatching, but by the time you catch up to us we should be well into the final few seasons.

I’ve been meaning to start, as I’ve only seen a few episodes from the first season or two. I’ll most likely do it on my own, as I can rock through half a season on a rainy Sunday.

I’ve been doing a rewatch myself for the last few months. I just started season 8 of SG1 last night which means I get to start Atlantis now :smiley:

Check the Calendar and the Frak Party forum. I think they just started frakkin Stargate SG1 this week.

The Gateworld project is a good idea, I’d join in the fun but got my own routine and to be honest with the bonanza of good TV atm and my podcasts and books I can’t give any series the marathon treatment it may deserve.

I second the list from Wesley, Fifth race has been around a long time and their approach is useful, Gateworld is simply THE Stargate resource and little old me and Alan do our best with Gatecast:groucho: