FSL 3.0 challenge 4: Voting Poll

So… it comes to this then. After this week you will have finished your Hero/Nemesis therapy workshop. But as you can see that will happen one way or the other. I have come to respect each of you in your own ways and I do believe each has a great deal to offer the world in general… (ahem)… especially right now.

It’s time for you to think of something larger than yourselves. We have no time for the usual hand holding this week, we are being invaded!

The galactic empire, unhappy with the indignity you handed them last week have come to Earth for a full on fight to subjugate the planet! We are under attack! Even as we speak imperial troops have entered the city, imperial troops have entered the city! There are imperial star destroyers overhead. AT-AT’s fill the street and are gunning down entire buildings. Tie fighters are mowing down our entire aircraft defense force! I believe they mean to do us in.

It’s no mistake that you are here at this time, destiny, kismet, karma whatever you like - it applies here, right now. Earth is saved or destroyed following your actions here today. You MUST put you’re silly squabbles with each other behind you today and repel this invasion. It’s a straight up battle. Eternal glory or oblivion?

What will it be?

Challenger 1: Eaglecat

Hero - Obi-Wan
Nemesis - Gen. Grievous
Hero - C-3p0
Nemesis- Jar Jar

May the Force be with us all!

As the Stormtroopers advanced on their position; Obi-wan, Grievous, Jar Jar and 3PO all had glanced to each other knowing what was about to go down. Obi-wan rushed the stormtroopers with his lightsaber glowing. Grievous charged at the troopers with his four sabers rotating at an incredible rate. Jar Jar ran towards the firing troopers with his arms flailing to miss being hit. C-3PO turned on his comrades and just walked away.

Even though the stormtroopers’ aim were not the best, one shot was able to hit Jar Jar squarely in the forehead. The dead gungan fell to the wrath of the Empire, even though he was instrumental in their rise to power. Jar Jar’s body was trampled into the ground by an advancing AT-AT.

General Grievous unleashed all the hatred that he had been bottling up during this whole time having to work with Kenobi. The soldiers in white falling to Grievous’s blades brought him back to where he needed to be. His world was finally back to normal in his eyes. But as more and more stormtroopers descended upon his position, he did what he would always do. Grievous made his escape by jumping onto the back of an AT-AT and found a way to save his life to fight another day.

Obi-Wan ran at the Stormtroopers as Earth’s last hope. He cut a path through the soldiers like they were blades of grass. His saber sliced though bodies like it once had to the torso of Darth Maul. Obi-Wan used the force to push the AT-AT that had stepped on Jar Jar. The monstrous battle wagon came crashing down upon an advancing squadron of troopers. As the number of troopers kept getting closer to Obi-Wan, a stray laser bolt grazed the side of his head. Obi-Wan Kenobi limp body fell to the ground and all went black.

By the Force!!!

Obi-wan awoke to find himself in a large bed in his apartment of Coruscant. Someone was asleep in the bed with their back turned to him. Spinning in his mind was what had just happened to him. He slowly nudged the sleeping form next to him so that they could talk.

“Hey sweetie, are you awake?” Asked Obi-Wan.

“Well I am now, what’s the matter?”

“I had this crazy dream where I was having group therapy with General Grievous, Representative Binks and C-3PO. We had this Group Leader who thought I could work on my issues with Grievous after he had killed so many of my fellow Jedi. We had to move some little fuzz balls one time. And we had to get Trolls out of a stripclub. Then we had to play some game called baseball to help a species called Earthlings. The team that we beat at baseball wanted revenge so they invaded Earth to wipe us out. As I was killing these soldiers that had armor similar to Clone Troopers, I got hit in the side of the head and I just wake up.” Obi-Wan explained.

Rolling over to face him, Padme just shook her head at him.

“Obi-Wan, you really shouldn’t be drink that blue milk before going to bed, you always have these weird dreams.” she told him lovingly.

“Oh, those stomach flu that I had before you left on your last mission, well the medical droid let me know that I am pregnant with twins.” Padme told Obi-Wan with concern in her eyes.
“But don’t tell Anakin, he thinks he’s the father.” she told him with desire in her heart.

“You will come closer to give me some sugar.” he said while waving his hand in front of her gaze.

“Oh Obi-Wan, the force is with you!”

Challenger 2: Zombie Survivor

Hero - Wolverine
Nemesis - Sabertooth
Hero - River Tam
Nemesis- Blue Hands

“Well, we’re done here,” Wolverine entered the briefing room smoking a cigar and cracking open a beer.

“That’s it, you’re just gonna give up?” Sabertooth was leaning against the far wall with a shadow cast across his face.

“No, I mean we won. You watched the Star Wars documentaries, once we got that Death Star, we won. Everything else will just sort itself out.” Wolverine finished his beer and cracked open another can.

“Your logic is problematic,” River stopped spinning in one of the office chairs briefly to speak, before resuming her fun.

“Does this mean my contract on this team is over?” The Blue Handed G-man was sifting through his briefcase in anticipation.

“Yup, this was our final mission, and we were done before we started, everyone gets to go home,” Wolverine punctuated this statedment with another drink from his beer.

River stopped spinning in her chair again to look up at Blue Hands with wide eyes. He shut his briefcase and stood up. River dashed for the nearest window, leaped up and crashed through the glass. She rolled off an awning below the window and took off running through an alley. Blue Hands looked up at the other two teammates, and then casually walked out the door.

“Hurry up and finish your beer so I can kick your ass,” Sabertooth still standing in the shadows, began to grin, bearing his teeth.

Wolverine chugged the last of his beer, threw his cigar to the floor and said, “let’s go bub!”

I actually want to thank Zombie Survivor, because your solution was the reason I went with mine. Kinda funny how that works.