FSL 2.0: Black Ops Edition FAQ

Here’s how it works. To add a bit further to Solai’s excellent post and idea here let me put some prose out for the hive to digest.

1. I think Solai covered the team slots so that’s out the way. If you need an official ruling I’d say ask Solai or me. Humor will count in the final decision.

a. When making a team remember to try and be honest when making their powerbar scores (if you are doing such a thing) if they have a weakness make sure it shows through in the scores.

b. Speaking of scores here’s what the bars mean.
    - INT: Intelligence
    - STR: Strength
    - DEX: Dexterity
    - CHR: Charisma
    - COM: Combat Ability
    - SPL: Special Abilities

c. As a baseline remember that a normal human - completely average - will get a 5 on everything except special abilities where they get 1.

1. Each week once we get rolling there will be both a challenge for the next week and poll on the last weeks round. Feel free and we encourage you to participate in both!

a. Each challenge will be announced on the cast and in the forum area here which will give you about a week to prepare and submit your response to the challenge in the correct post (which will be well labeled in this section)

b. Each challenge will come with a selected vehicle for the round.

2. I will then select one challenger team and response to go up against and we will read their team selection and solution they posted to the weeks challenge on the cast as they go up against the GWC team.

Some side notes and rules:

Rules

1. No Gods or god like characters

2. Team members selected to serve on the GWC team are not in play (it’s only 4 people this time so it’s not as bad as the 12 last time)

3. Team members must have a Sci-fi, fantasy, gaming or comic connection to be on a team.

4. No stick in the muds

Note

• Ok because almost every team who has responded early has claimed him (mostly cuz we all think alike… because we are just that awesome) let me state that Tony Stark did make the GWC team last week. In fact, he is the reason FSL 2.0: Black Ops Edition came into being. — sidenote ---- We did make one exception for this rule for one team who featured Stark last time as well.

• Those wanting card templates just hit me up via email sean@galacticwatercooler.com or PM me with your email address and I’ll send it to you.

• Those wanting me to do the cards for them, I’m making a short form that I’ll post somewhere that gives me all the info you need to get me so I can build a set for you. It will be super easy and not an issue to fill in and send off.

• Here is the new look and feel of the cards as well as the aforementioned GWC team member.

Also now that I think about it here’s what you need to send me (email or PM) to have me do cards of cards of your own team.

Team name:
Email address you want me to send the cards back to:

Pilot/Driver Name:
Powerbar stats: 1-10 values

• INT: Intelligence:
  • STR: Strength:
  • DEX: Dexterity:
  • CHR: Charisma:
  • COM: Combat Ability:
  • SPL: Special Abilities:
    Special powers text:

Tech Expert Name:

Special powers text:

Recon Expert Name:

Special powers text:

Martial Artist Name:

Special powers text:

It takes about 10 mins for me to run through a set if I have the info so don’t be shy if you’d like a set although it’s certainly not required.

Sean, you don’t need a picture?

Not if I know the character :slight_smile:

I can find them for you or if you’ve got ones you’d like to use send them to me via email. Really any size I can work with. Just so long as it is bigger than the little window in the card which is 260x170 for those who are counting.

Will the voting be similar to last time, with different categories or will it just be one vote for either team?

Aw I see from UD’s chart that my pilot was already taken… I’ll come up with a new pilot eventually…

I notice a few teams with members that dont really fit the ‘fantasy/scifi/gaming/comics’ restriction. How much leeway do we have exactly?

I think the only real restriction is like real people. Like Chuck Norris vs Walker Texas Rangerr

Yup. Real people, Gods and Crew pics are the restrictions. I wouldn’t even consider ‘fantasy/scifi/gaming/comics’ as much of a restriction since it covers a massive amount of material. I think it’s more about the spirit of the game than rules anyways. If you question a pick, bring it up for discussion. If you wonder about a choice, same thing. If someone tried to snatch it up then we got your back. You should really pick characters you are fond of and not worry to much about abilities or the like. The most fun and best solutions will come from how well you know your team. It’s also a great chance to become more familiar with your characters.

If you feel a character deserves to play then make your case. Odds are in your favor. :slight_smile:

Couldn’t have said it better myself sir.

And yes the voting will work much the same as last time :slight_smile: Except 2 teams not 3.

After listening to the FSL draft in the cast I realize that I have made a mistake in one of the rules. (Which by now most people selecting teams already know) I said you can select the same players as other Hive members and that isn’t correct. What I meant to say is that you can select the same player as long as you get a different version than the other player - i.e. see the “Era” rule.

The first challenge is up.

http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?t=11234

If you wish to participate in this weeks challenge all you have to do is enter your team’s solution to the problem in that thread before noon on Friday the 25th!

I will select the from the solutions found there 1 team to compete on the cast with the GWC team. After the cast has been published, a poll will go live here on the forum for everyone to vote on which team you think did the best.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

Will the “winning” post be able to call in “live” during the cast to explain their solution?

If a solution has to be explained live, does it really deserve to win? :wink:

What does this mean?

Like, someone could have pre-death Kara Thrace and someone else could have back-from-the-dead Kara Thrace?

Pretty much that’s it. There are a couple of Bonds on team because of the era of the actor.

one more question: what’s my deadline for each round? Thursday at 10 a.m., giving Sean about 18 hours to read everyone’s entries and decide?

The first dead line was Noon Friday, so I assume that all of them are Friday Noon.

Another example is that I have Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi Master) on my team and someone else has Mara Jade (Emperor’s Hand).