FSFL 2.0 Scenario One: Hey All You Zombies!

One of your team members is visiting a family member in Raccoon City when the outbreak occurs. He/She is trapped behind the quarantine walls and calls for help just before the lines are cut.

Main Objective: Rescue your Team Member and his family acquaintance if possible.

Plot twist: While inside the city your team is contacted by a scientist who claims he can produce a cure for the plaque, the only catch is in exchange for the cure he wants you to find his daughter who is still in the city. She is wearing a locater bracelet and he gives you the frequency to track her.

Secondary twist: The cure can only be produced using rare and proprietary ingredients which are stored underground within the main facilities laboratory. He gives you codes and leads you via radio to where you can locate security passes off of bodies and within certain offices.

The longer you take finding a cure the more the early infected will mutate, especially the ones underground which are exposed to more exotic compounds. The scientist is using the security cameras to track and help you on your quest, and can communicate via telephones and radios and intercoms.

OPTIONAL: The scientist may have an ulterior motive. He could be trying to cover his tracks or frame your team for the outbreak, or whatever else you can think of… Just a thought.

GOOD LUCK!:slight_smile:

Racoon City? Good thing I’ve got ALICE!

Off to write…

Why did it have to be zombies? I hate Zombies.

These aren’t real zombies…not if they are from Raccoon city.

When is the solution due by?

Next Friday… the 3rd. And no these are the weird mutating undead from the Resident Evil (AKA Biohazard) series, T-Virus and all.

Pilot: Corran Horne (X Wing Book Series, and more)
Tech: Henry Deacon (Eureka, TV series)
Recon: Preddie (A Predator from the Predator Franchise)
Martial Artist: Raizo (Ninja Assasin, Movie)

Ghouls just wanna have fun

“I don’t like the idea of using this ship,” Corran muttered as he finished packing his backpack. Henry did not look up from his work as he answered, “A Predator ship is perfect for this kind of infiltration mission.” Corran rubbed his eyes; the ship’s interior lighting was not friendly to human vision. “I just don’t trust him, he is flaky… Remember the crap he pulled during that gladiator thing?” Henry rubbed his temples, “You have a point, but for whatever reason I think he will come through this time. He seems to like us in a weird passive aggressive kind of fashion.” Corran grumbled as he cinched up his gear, “Great, thanks, that fills me with all sorts of confidence…”

As the ship broke through the clouds the scene which greeted them on the monitors did little to lift the Correllean’s spirit, the city below looked war torn and in utter chaos. “I did not realize Raccoon City was a soccer town.” Henry rolled his eyes, “Not funny, there is an outbreak here and we need to help if we can. But our first priority is to find Raizo and second to collect intel on what is happening here.” The ship banked and descended toward an opulent suburb that seemed almost untouched by the firestorm of panic and violence that raged downtown. The cloaked vessel landed in a small park near the home that Raizo was supposed to be visiting.

Raizo answered the door and smiled at his two friends, “Hey guys thanks for coming, what’s with the suits?” Henry spoke through the small speaker mounted on the Biohazard suit, “Well you never got around to telling us just what ‘kind’ of outbreak it was before the line went dead. So I figured it was best to play it safe.” Raizo nodded, “Oh sorry about that, it doesn’t seem to be airborne. Come on in Gramps brewed up some tea if you want some.” After disrobing from the suits they sat around the dinner table and went over what little information Raizo and his Grandfather had been gathered. Henry set his notes and the remote control down, “This doesn’t make any sense, the news reports contradict each other. And the information you gathered from hacking the Umbrella Corps Net doesn’t wash with any of the reports either.” Corran stirred his hot tea, “It is all a bunch of misinformation and misdirection.” Raizo teetered his chair on two legs, “I am sorry, how can we get real information for you to act on?”

The computer screen in the den changed from the screen saver to the image of a mans face, “Perhaps I can help!” All eyes swung to look at the smiling face on the computer screen. “I am Dr. Cornelius, I was on the board of directors for the project which went awry and caused this disaster. At least I was until I was removed for protesting its repurposing as a Military Bio Warfare project.” Henry looked skeptical, “Why do you want to help us? And why should we trust you?” “My Daughter was supposed to be evacuated before the lockdown but something happened, she is still in the city.” Corran caught on, “So we help to get your Daughter safely out and you what? Give us information?” “Not just any information,” he leaned closer to the camera, “I can help you to formulate a cure for the plague which is sweeping through the city.” Henry gave in, “Fine I’ll bite. Gentlemen eat and gear up while I chat with the Doctor here and try to find out what we are up against.”

A half hour later Henry walked out of the den abjectly scowling at a computer tablet, Corran asked him, “Well what are we dealing with?” Henry looked up, “The Cliff’s Notes version?” Corran shook his head, “Even shorter if you can do it,… ummm like the Sean’s Notes version.” Henry shrugged, “Fine, uh. Flesh eating mutating undead.” “Frak me!” “Zombies?” “Frakking Zombies?” Henry sighed, “The more clinical term would be ‘Infected’…” A voice from the tablet spoke up, “Speaking of infected, your ship seems to be swarming with them. Not sure why, but it seems to attract them for some unknown reason.” Henry rubbed his nose in thought, “Hmmm, radiation? A harmonic the field gives off? Or a low frequency sound? Perhaps we could use that to our advantage, use the ship to lure them away from us?” Corran groaned, “So now we have to go on foot? Not good… Especially with Gramps slowing us OW!” The strike was so fast Corran never saw it coming. Raizo smiled, “Grampa is a Ninja, he will not ‘slow us down’; he will be an asset.” Corran rubbed his shoulder, “Fine whatever, just keep your smelly old relative away from-OW stop it!” He was now rubbing his other shoulder as he glared at the ridiculously spry old man.

Moments later the Predator began using his ship to play ‘pied piper’ and slowly lure all of the infected in the nearby area away, the remaining team members looked at a map and started to plot their route to the school where the little girl was apparently held up. Raizo shook his head slowly and pointed to a place on the map, “This is very bad, the only two streets not barricaded up that lead north to the school from here pass by the cemetery.” The Corellean scratched his head, “So? I thought this stuff just animated newly dead, or mutated the living that get bit.” The voice from the tablet enlightened the others, “The cemetery is close to the biggest breach from the underground facility and downwind of the initial explosion, it is conceivable that the cultures and exotic compounds that were carried aloft from the blast may have seeped into the soil and reanimated the bodies there. The pure T-Virus strains that they would have been exposed to are far more potent than anything a mere 2nd or 5th generation infected could pass on to a victim.” Corran rubbed his chin, “OK it is now official, THIS SUCKS!”

Raizo was agitated, “No; you don’t fully understand, this in not just an ordinary cemetery. There is a very large plot in it which is owned by my union.” Henry spit up some of his tea, “Ah, wait a minute… You don’t mean your Ninja Union do you?” The Grandfather smiled, “It is a very nice plot, it is the reason my wife and I moved to this city, so we could be buried there and be… together.” Corran looked around, “Speaking of which, where is your wife?” The Grandfather pointed to the cemetery on the map. Henry and Corran uttered in unison, “Oh.” Raizo sighed, “It is why I came to visit, she was just buried yesterday.” Corran shook his head in disbelief, “Ninja Zombies, this just gets better and better…” Henry blinked and rubbed his eyes, “Uh, just how big is this plot?” The old man smiled, “It is very big, a great many of my old friends are there.” Corran groaned, “Yeah well, you may be seeing some of them real soon. I don’t suppose they were buried with their weapons?” The old man’s smile widened, “But of course, it is tradition.” Corran glared at Raizo, “Your union sucks!” The young ninja shrugged, “Hey, they have great medical, and Ninjas need good medical if you know what I mean…” Corran was about to rebut when a loud series of knocks at the front door stopped everyone dead in their tracks.

The doctor’s voice coming from an upturned tablet broke the silence, “Uh, expecting someone?” A sarcastic and sultry female voice spoke from the other side of the door, “Honey, I’m hooooommmeeee!” Raizo’s jaw dropped, “Grandma?” The old man did not seem happy, “Shit!” Henry looked worried, “I take it they did not always get along…” Raizo cocked his head to one side, “Nnnnot so much.” “Great.”

End of Part One

Martial Artist: Raizo (Ninja Assasin, Movie

Dance Dance Revulsion

It all happened so fast. The door exploded in a shower of splinters, and then all Hell broke loose in a whirlwind of estrogen fueled fury. It was a Tasmanian Devil like flurry of feet, fists and curses; in multiple tongues to boot. Among the many grunts and yelps and such were a number of juicy tidbits including: (translated from the original Japanese) “I am dead a few days and you are already throwing Parties?” “A party? Do you see any women here? It can’t be a party without women you stupid cow!” “And you have gaijin!! You brought gaijin here, and… gasp A BIG SCREEN TV into our house?!” “My house, you dried up old Harpy. Paid for long before your gold-digging ass ever showed up!” “I am your WIFE, I *” ~Boom!~ As the headless body dropped the old man proudly shouted, “Consider that a divorce!” Raizo gave the old man a ‘thumbs up’ and a huge smile, “Nice job gramps, and I liked the one-liner.” Henry started to speak, “Wait, wasn’t that from-“ Raizo cut him off with a ‘let him have this’ look. Henry relented, “Fine whatever.”

As they gathered their things together Corran asked, “What I want to know is, if she was mad at you,” pointing at the old man, “why did she spend so much time attacking us,” indicating Henry and himself, “and the entertainment center.” Grandpa grinned a semi toothless grin, “That particular wife hated anything western, especially your television shows.” Henry stopped suddenly, “Wait, you said ‘that particular’ wife; just how many wives have you had?” The old man rubbed his chin and thought, “Ummm, six?” Raizo pointed to the headless body, “I thought she was number seven?” “Oh, yes, I believe you are correct. Make that seven.” Corran groaned, “Great, it’s like Scott Pilgram with zombies. And let me guess… They are all buried in that plot you mentioned.” The sage like Asian nodded, “But of course, where else would they be?” Raizo smirked, “Coming through the front door?” The old mans right eyebrow arched, “Oh, I see what you mean…" He straightened his clothes agitatedly, "Perhaps we should leave; I doubt the others will be in any better a mood.”

And they left none too soon, they were only half a block away when loud shrieks and angry screams erupted from where they had just vacated. “Where’s my beautiful wallpaper? You painted the walls sage? And my drapes, where are my drapes? Miniblinds? Miniblinds are sooo…… pedestrian! And a leather sofa? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” And as they sought to get an even greater distance between themselves and the angry critques on the old man’s decorating tastes Corran glared at Raizo, “I am so going to have the weirdest Frakking nightmares tonight, I am probably going to be attacked by interior decorating zombies that look like Chun Li. Thanks a lot!” Raizo shot back, “How is this my fault?” “We’re here because of you.” “Screw you, I didn’t plant a secret laboratory underneath the city, or blow it up for that matter. You want to yell at someone? Yell at the guy on the iPad.” A muffled voice came from Henry’s jacket, “I’d rather you didn’t…” The old man shushed them, “Quiet, there is movement up ahead by that cluster of wrecked cars. Keep to the shadows and let’s sneak up to see if they are friend or foe.”

From the bushes they watched the four scantily yet lethally clad Asian women slicing chunks of meat off of the dead bodies leaning out of the open cars. They then broke into a dance. Corran’s eyes narrowed, “What the Hell?” Raizo explained, “It is the Pizza Dance.” (see below for a demonstration) They danced a goofy yet rather sexy dance but instead of holding a pizza slice sensually next to their mouths they held the raw chunks of human flesh. Corran gulped, “OK, this just totally F*$ked up right here…" But he could not pull his eyes from the macabre scene, "I am disgusted; and yet, oddly aroused.” Raizo tilted his head slightly, “Hmmm well… they are pretty hot for zombies…” The old man smiled romantically, “They were quite beautiful, and deadly. A shame they died so young…” Henry rolled his eyes, “More wives?” Corran scowled, “But they are…” The old man explained, “It was during a clan war, both sides took heavy losses. I lost all four wives within a six year period.” Raizo groaned and hung his head. Corran shook him, “What’s wrong buddy?” “You mean I got a chubby looking at my own Grandmothers?” Corran smirked, “Oh dude, that is just so wrong.” Raizo whined, “I am going to Hell…” Corran raised an eyebrow, “Oh, and they are dead too. So I guess that makes you a Necrophiliac.”

End of Part Two

The aforementioned ‘Pizza Dance’

//youtu.be/5fotTEscE98

This School is soooo Dead

The school might have looked welcoming with its familiar if not generic appearance and simple utilitarian construction. And the usual smattering of handmade posters and student produced flyers and banners plastered along its plain and weatherworn facade. Had it not been for the broken windows and doors, the chaotic collection of crashed cars in its parking lots and up along its front steps. The spent bullet casings and the myriad bloodstains smeared across the steps and doorframes added to macabre scene. And the fact that the power was out for the entire block, and the only sounds that could be heard were the occasional screams in the distance did little to help. Other than the EXIT sign’s running on battery power, the only other light was from the abandoned cars and emergency vehicles parked nearby. “Why the Hell would she run in there?” The voice from the tablet replied to Corran’s question, “It is her school, familiar territory.” Raizo shrugged, “Makes sense to hold up some place where you know your way around.”

Corran injected himself with a stimulant and some REGEN, “I hope we don’t run into anymore ninja zombies, that last batch was a real bitch. Not that the others were easy pickings…” Raizo snickered, “Yeah but at least they shouted their attacks before they struck, what was up with that Grandpa?” The old man stopped rubbing his sore jaw and looked up, “Huh? Oh,… that. Yes, uh that bunch was avid fans of Super Sentai style television shows, never cared much for it myself. Kinda silly I thought…” Corran saw an opportunity to needle Raizo some more, “They were cute though,” he grinned at the angry look Raizo shot him, “didn’t you think so?” Raizo frowned, “You are enjoying this far too much…” Gramps waxed romantically, “Yes, I had forgotten how nice their legs were; so toned and shapely.” Corran added, “Though I usually prefer a woman’s legs wrapped around me rather than kicking me repeatedly in the face.” Gramps chuckled, “I like my women feisty.” “So we have seen, by the way; how many wives is it we have killed so far?” “Five I believe, which leaves… two. And only good Raiden knows how many other union assassins.” “Good thing you had your grandson with you to help…” Raizo snarled, “Give it a rest will you? I feel bad enough about this without you rubbing my face in it every fifteen minutes.” Corran smiled and held up his hands, “Hey I am just worried you might turn into Norman Bates or something.” Raizo pointed a finger at him angrily, “And I told you before, it is not matricide if they were already dead!” Henry had had enough, “Hey you two knock it off! We have a job to do, and a little girl to save.”

They entered the darkened building and wandered through a maze of hallways and staircases following the signal from her bracelet. A number of undead attack dogs tried to ambush them in the gymnasium but Corran’s force blasts were effective at disrupting their pounce attacks. And a flurry of blaster and small arms fire essentially turned the dogs into ‘kibbles and bits’. The rest of the journey was much easier, the occasional creeper was found dragging its mangled carcass across the floor; but other than that it was almost boring. They found Chelsea barricaded in a closet in the machine shop, after talking to her Father on the computer tablet for a few minutes she finally came out. As they neared the front lobby on their way back out the building shook violently, and all of the windows along the eastern side which had not already been broken out, shattered. They all looked at each other and muttered, “What the Hell was that?” A few seconds latter Henry’s tablet chirped, he had a twitter message. Henry read it and chuckled, “It is Preddie.” Corran snorted, “Preddie has a twitter account?” Raizo shrugged, “Hey, they’ll give them to anybody…” Henry scanned the message, “He just fragged all of the infected which had been lured to him.” Chelsea’s Father grumbled from the tablet’s speaker, “Along with an entire shopping mall…” The girl sniffed, “I liked that mall…” Henry exhaled heavily, “Anyways, he thinks he got the majority of the infected. And is free to extract us to a safe zone.”

The scientist’s tone became dower, “While I would appreciate my daughter being brought out of that city there really is no point in the rest of you leaving yet.” Raizo did a double take, “Ninja-say-whaaaaat?” Corran made a Ricky Ricardo voice, “You have some hex-playyy-kneeing to do.” Henry sighed and sat on a bench, “Alright, I’m sitting down. Hit us with the bad news.” The scientist cleared his throat and asked, “First I must ask, were you serious about stopping this plague from spreading?” Henry nodded, “Yes, of course.” “Very well, the compounds necessary to create an antidote are only available in the underground complex beneath the city.”

Corran rolled his eyes, and then ran his fingers through his hair while groaning out, “Oh, joy…”

The Neutron Dance

2 Hours later and six stories down, deep inside the Umbrella Corporation’s secret facility…

After giving them the bad news the screen returned back to a status display of the floors environmental systems as the departing scientist killed his connection. Raizo scratched his head, “Did I just hear him say neutron bomb?” Henry crossed his arms across his chest and let out a loud breath, “Yes, yes you did. This is bad, really …bad.” Corran rubbed his stubble covered chin, “Personally, I rarely… associate the word ‘bomb’; with anything good. Out of a sense of morbid curiosity just what does a neutron bomb do anyways?” Henry glanced at his watch to see just how much time was left before the bomber would arrive, “It will destroy all living tissue and cells while leaving the buildings intact. An elegant and simple solution in a; sick sort of way…” Raizo asked Henry, “How long do we have?” “An hour and twenty minutes.” Corran and Raizo looked at each other, “We’re screwed!”

Henry plopped into a chair and sulked, “And we were making such good time too, but with our insider being evacuated to a safe zone and with no access to a computer to help us,” he threw his hands up in frustration. Corran patted Henry’s shoulder, “Well you could hack this stuff right?” Henry glared at a computer screen, “Sure but without his help it would take at the very least an hour, maybe longer, just to get to the vault.” Raizo paced back and forth, “And what about our escape? Where is Preddie? He was supposed to be here an hour ago after dropping off Chelsea. Without his ship how are we going to get out of here before they bomb the place?” Corran looked at his lightsaber, “Fighting all of these mutated infected and assorted monstrosities has really drained my saber, without a recharge I could never cut through the vault door much less all those security doors in our way.”

Just then the installation shook and one of the security screens started flashing and alerting about a breach. Henry brought up a display of the facility and studied the new information, “Something just bored through a mile of rock and into a floor 4 levels below us.” Corran smiled, “That must be Preddie, it sure is his style!” Raizo chuckled, “He must have gone back to get his main vessel so he could get some heavier firepower.” Henry pointed to a junction, “We can catch the shaft he bored here and use it to get below.” Something on the schematic caught Corran’s eye, he zoomed in on it. “That looks like a reactor,” he pointed at the symbol, “I can use that to recharge my saber.” Raizo clapped his hands together enthusiastically, “Looks like we are back in business!”

It took a lot of negotiating to get the Predator to only scare off the bomber instead of shooting it down. And almost as much arm twisting with the Umbrella Corporation to get them to not make another attempt to vaporize the evidence of their major disaster, along with all of the uninfected still trapped inside of the city. They picked up the scientist and brought him to Henry’s shop (Team Omra did not trust the Umbrella Corporation enough to use their facilities) and using the exotic materials and compounds they had lifted from the vault they created an antidote for the plague. And through inoculations and air dispersants the plague did not spread any further, and in exchange for their silence on the matter Henry received a big fat grant for his research.

Of course the Umbrella Corporation with their contacts in the government, vast amounts of money and influence, and a strangle hold on the local media covered the incident up. They spun the story as an unfortunate and highly toxic industrial chemical leak, which was caused by a rupturing gas line beneath the street, which caused a massive chain of explosions. After a few months the entire incident was forgotten by the rest of country, and the Umbrella Corporation covered their tracks and moved their operation elsewhere. Perhaps to another small town, maybe to a town near you…