Friendliest people in (and out of) scifi! Thank you!

…I’m really glad that I found this place about a year ago, and not only the ability here to have intelligent, friendly and FUN convos about Sci-Fi and beyond here…but Jesus it’s really made me realize what a PIT the rest of the internet and message board world really is…again…

case in point (and subject of the rant)…the hockey board I’m on…you’d think during a miracle run to the Stanley Cup Finals, and on a message board DEDICATED to that team, you’d think I’d be glued and tied to every post comment and game-day musing…right?? Heelllllssss no, crying about attendance…ticket prices…is this player gone…is the team broke?? Maybe 10% of the threads on there are even positive at all…and this is during the run you LIVE for with every team…every time I go back there…I shake my head…

and now the Final Straw is during our fantasy football draft…the one thing I like and enjoy about it is we do the draft on the board…it takes WEEKS and it’s usually fun and drama filled…and I have 3-4 friends who I know outside the forum in the draft with me (one did us a favor and jumped in when someone on the board abandoned his team mid-draft and we kept him since)…now this year it’s complaining I haven’t pushed a vote through (this was two months ago)…the draft’s not moving fast enough…but yet when the 4 of us are set to go and we gather and make all four picks at once “it ruins the flow of the draft”…its just amazing how a few control freak crabasses have turned and pretty much ruined the whole damn thing for me over the last two years…I swear the only reason I go back there is the football stuff and when I write my weekly NFL Previews…

Long story short, their idiocy really does make me appreciate this place better…much love :slight_smile:

STFU bitch.

:smiley: I kid, I kid.

Such a typical NYer answer :smiley:

I just wanted to say thank you for being the friendliest people I have met on a forum. Maybe someday I’ll be lucky enough to make it to a meet-up and meet you in person. Thanks again!

Welcome to the wonderful world of GWC. The gang is the best. No BS or anything like that. It’s a true home where a family can grow. I myself have called on the healing powers of GWC many times and it works.

So say we all!

Ah man, I forgot how much I appreciated this thread…and the attempt to revitalize this forum :slight_smile:

Aside of all the healthy and hockey benefits I’ve had in the last year…it hasn’t been the easiest time in my life…lots and buckets of crap going on in the personal and the family life…it’s made a lot of things a struggle…I’m glad to see this place re-opening its doors and giving me another place to smile and escape into when needed!!!

We were always here for you man! Granted, we may have been just lurking, but we were here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Much appreciated :slight_smile:
I should have ranted on here when that whole nonsense was going on with my sister…it’s for the most better now at least… (well to the point I can see my nieces again…which was all I cared about)
its funny how talking sci-fi here made me appreciate how many geeks are on my hockey teams too!!

Reboot in progress. Sorry for the downtime. Social media caught us all by surprise and we had to think long and hard #NIYKWIM about the Forum’s place in this Brave New World. It turns out it is simple really: The Forum is permanent and long lasting. It is a repository. Twitter is for the “I HAVE A FUNNY THOT” and Facebook is for the, “Hey, you guys will like this” but the Forum is the rock. The cornerstone. I can find a heartfelt post by a great guy from a year ago and respond to it. We can discuss interesting topics like “Does the T.A.R.D.I.S. need a driver?” that can span years.

Welcome home. You have the key.

HOCKEY DUDE YOU WUZ PWNED!

You should see what they call me during games :smiley:

I hear ya…my facebook is a haven for my sports rants (boy I had a field day with my NFL Draft commentary…)…my twitter’s kinda…just there…and I’m toying with Google+ too…but when I saw Defiance …or finished Voyager…I came right here :slight_smile:

And if the TARDIS does need a driver, what about a sand wedge? A putter?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Good stuff Scott. I know what you mean about sports oriented forums. If a hot topic hits and I’m forced to visit a hockey forum about a trade, injury, line up, call up or send down I usually have to wade through seas of hateful and self righteous ( pardon my French) bullshit to get some “community” impressions on the issue.

Surprising how many of the denizens of those forums are willing to “drop the gloves” over petty stuff.

GWC is the gold standard for helpful, friendly, considerate and inspiring interactions :slight_smile:

OB

Totally agreed, OP. I was part of another community for many years but in the end I had to leave because people were just so unrelentingly negative that I couldn’t take it anymore. This is a much more welcoming group and a fine bunch of folks.

No doubt about it…its a shame, up till five years ago it was a great resource for knowledge and information…now it’s become a self-absorbed mess of “my posts are better then you”…or with the Devils out of the playoffs this year tons of “I told you so and trade and fire EVERYONE”…I only go there to talk the NFL because there’s a small group of us that have been doing it there for a decade and it’s still fun and for the most friendly :slight_smile:

Its funny how the revive of the forum woke this thread from the dead too…I posted this almost a year ago…it still holds true

Now if only I coulda made the damn fraking meetup this year…stupid accountants and slow moving tax refunds…:rolleyes:

I can find a heartfelt post by a great guy from a year ago and respond to it. We can discuss interesting topics like “Does the T.A.R.D.I.S. need a driver?” that can span years.

Welcome home. You have the key.

Not only that, you can find a smart ass response that you wrote last year and crack your self up.

I have to admit every time I see my sig file I think of the Bob Dylan rant over at Dave n Busters :smiley: