Fourth of July Plans !!!

OK GWCers, what are you doing for the 4th of July this year?!

Written word and photos welcome! The HiveMind is nationwide, let’s make the most of it! :smiley:

me, wife and baby daughter are driving to Lexington Michigan and visiting extended family on the shore lake Huron. Small town, parade, BBQ, sandy beach, cool lake, good times good times.

happy 4th everyone.

“Splashing through the sand bar
Talking by the campfire
It’s the simple things in life, …” Kid Rock

I’m doing the typical, fireworks and BBQ.

I’m also setting up an HTPC, but that’s more for a birthday present next week than a 4th of July thing :slight_smile:

Well since, I am not even in the country this year, I will be working. Granted there is a work picnic that we are going to.

Other then that no Fireworks for me :frowning:

Although I may see if the NY stations we get at the hotel are showing them. Granted I could have also seen Fireworks on Canada Day, but didn’t (worked that day too - stupid big project launching July 4).

Hope everyone has a Happy and safe 4th.

As a Canadian I’m working BUT I want to wish all American an happy 4th of July. Have fun with the celebration!

We’ll start off with the Parade. I live in a smallish town that has an old fashioned 4th of July parade every year (starts in 2 hrs) -floats, bands, vintage cars, horses, fire trucks, dancing -very fun for all. It ends up in the downtown’s center “the Plaza” and park where there are booths a plenty -food and crafts, face-painting and much more.

We have a BBQ planned later.
And we’ll end with a walk to the middle school’s meadow for the city fireworks tonight.

A mellow, fun day.
Happy 4th to all.

Today is mrs. frakkintalos’ birthday. We started the day at IHoP and then did some shopping. We just got back from a Cold Stone Creamery birthday celebration.

Tomorrow, we head to the land of the Mouse. That’s right geekies!! We’re going to Walt Disney World. Now, if you weren’t aware I hate to travel. I want the CIA to offer travel packages. They break into your home the night before your flight, drug you, blind-fold you, put you in the cargo bay of the plane, and you wake up in your hotel room.

Anyway, I will take a horse tranquilizer before I leave the house and drink a bottle of Scotch at the airport. I’ll be fine. This has nothing to do with flying, BTW. I’m not afraid of flying, just making that clear. It’s traveling. I hate the planning and getting there, making sure everything is packed and tickets/papers in order. The worst is waiting for the cab to arrive.

Oh well. /rant off

Disney!! WooT!!

Yeah, Ewoks! We’re going to Star Tours 2 also!

For past several years we were always away on vacation on the Fourth. This year we’re home, so first time we’re going to the town fireworks as a family…dog too!

Happy 4th! Worked 8 hours this morning (time & a half WOOT!) and will be asleep by the time the fireworks go off here tonight…so I can be up early and work tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I’M JEALOUS. I love Disney. Have fun!

No fireworks allowed in Houston this year- the whole damn city is under a burn ban. Kids are out, hubby is at work, and MIL is asleep. I have a nice quiet house all to myself! It rarely happens, so I am enjoying just sitting around, catching up on my reading, and playing on the Internet. :smiley:

Quiet day here. Family sick taking it easy. Watched some patriotic movies. Watching Capitol Fourth then turn to NYC fireworks show.