Forum Maintenance Window Tonight! - Complete

Though this won’t likely affect most of you as it’s pretty late in the overnight, the forum will be down for a maintenance window tonight from:

3:00 a.m. ET Jan 16 to 7:00 a.m. ET Jan 16

During this time TechDrew will be moving the forum to a new and more powerful host, and the forum will appear “locked” or closed to new data.

Thanks for your patience, and here’s to a great 2010 with less forum downtime!

Juan Edit: If you can read this, you’re connecting to the migrated forums. Please email juan at galacticwatercooler dot com if you notice any sawdust…

Thanks for understanding while we work to better ourselves. We only wish to improve quality of life, for all species. :wink:

I only hope Dollhouse will be less mind blowing than as late. We’ve need the forums to decompress after recent episodes. :eek:

2 hours after the Sanctuary season finale frak too. Close call. d:

Maybe it’ll be accessible before 1 pm GMT +1 so that I and the other Europeans can post our reactions to the Dollhouse penultimate and Sanctuary ultimate episodes.

Thanks Chuck and Jaundrew.

Forum started lagging. I thought it started early for a moment.

Just in case anyone missed this thread, I’m adding this as an announcement as well.

If you can read this, you’re connecting to the migrated forums. Please email juan at galacticwatercooler dot com if you notice any sawdust…

Thanks for understanding while we work to better ourselves. We only wish to improve quality of life, for all species. :wink:

First after new migration. It feels nice, like a fresh pair of underpants. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work to keep this place tip top! :slight_smile:

shiny new server!!!

I like it. It feels like the sites load faster than before.

Way to go, Juan!! Thank you for improving the quality of life for humans and bunnies.

The mysql hamsters here are superior to the old ones. Congratulations, and good luck with the new digs!

<blink>

for a second I could have sworn you were channeling GalaxyRanger.

Looks like everything is working just fine so far as I can see. Good job TechDrew and thanks for all the hard work!

The People of Earth thank TechDrew, and welcome our alien overlords, the Mutant B Team.

I’m a total noob when it comes to this but; hey, did anyone notice the NBC logo at the tab?

NBC logo? Tab? Huh?

Do you have a screenshot?

here you go :

I’m using Internet Explorer 8

I’m using IE 8, as well. I see the vBulletin icon.

For whatever reason, your favicon.ico for GWC’s site is defaulting to the NBC logo. If you have the GWC forum in your favorites, check the properties and Change the icon. It should default to take from the site, though. Appears to be something registry related.

Ohhh, so you are the 1 person using IE. That in itself may explain it. :wink:

I see the vBulletin icon also so Chuck hasn’t sold out…yet. :stuck_out_tongue: