Forum Maintenance - Complete

Hello all!

The forum will be offline for maintenance from 1AM EDT to 3AM EDT tonight (morning of Wednesday, September 8, 2010). During this time all forum, calendar and “Contact Us” email form functions will be unavailable.

Once maintenance is complete, please submit any bugs you may find directly to juan@galacticwatercooler.com

Thank you for bearing with us, we appreciate it!

Done! Please let me know if you find anything broken! Thanks for your patience!

Juan, any chance to add UTF-8 support back to the forum?

??

Found and corrected. Try it now?

??

I just tried in the PM’s text box, that one is not supporting UTF either. Let’s see if it is fixed here.

testing under Big-5 encoding for Hanji ??

Ooooh…I love that new Forum smell. Thanks Juan!

hey Juan,

could you make that Juandrew theme song come on everytime we load the GWC forum page? heheh… :smiley:

Hey!

To clarify, the bug I found last night was actually related to what encoding the site sends to your web browser. The overall UTF-8 character issue is something we’re working on fixing for the next update of the forum (last night being primarily a security update).

Thanks!

Oh, I could, but with great Juan-power, comes great Juansponsibility. :slight_smile:

thanks, that’s be sweet.

testing some diacritics:

french:
résumé
élève
forêt
naïf
garçon
aigüe

spanish:
El Niño

Czech:
kým
že
rád
k??

Holo:
tshì-khuá?-m?i?gio?k-lân-hue?thó?-ti?t?m?-bián?t?-p?ng-suà?

looks like French gets all pass, Euro languages starts to mess up when it gets to Czech :stuck_out_tongue:

Russian:
???

Greek:
??? ??? ??? ???

ouch…

I bet hansioux could hack the Matrix. You’re like the Tower of Babel.

Where is Holo spoken?

24th century?

Taiwan

Now we got the pine tree air freshener, I will throw in some fuzzy dice and we can take this baby for a ride.

I heard that smell was full of toxins and carcinogens.

Try not to breathe too deeply while using the forum for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

You could run it as a java-applet, I suppose. Then users could choose to turn it on or off. I’m all for more media on this site. :cool:

Hey, you know what would be cool? An interactive GWC Juan-search engine! :eek:

I’ve moved the bulk of the Holo language and food discussion to it’s own thread in Off Topic. :slight_smile:

Hansioux Fusion - Languages and Food