Flogging Molly at the Tabernacle Atlanta

Sooo I found out today that Flogging Molly is going to be at the Tabernacle tonight, 2.14.2011, and wondered if any Atlanta-based or surrounding-area-based GWCers were going?

I’m considering but don’t want to go all on my lonesome so I figured I would put it to a possible meet-up??

Eh, Eh?

How neat! Wish I was there.

Can’t help you with that, but if I were in the ATL with time and $ on my hands, I sure would.

Dunno how into the Celtic punk thing you are, but the new Dropkick Murphys album is treeeemendous. For my money, every other album they do is good (and every other one is almost totally worth skipping). THIS is the good one.

I can’t say I’m a big Celtic punk fan - but I really love Drunken Lullabies, it’s an excellent album.

Will go check out Dropkick Murphys, thanks for the rec.

If you all get a chance to catch a Bridgid’s Cross performance…take it!

Didn’t find anyone to go alas. I like Flogging Molly and The Pogues. Something about the singer for the Dropkick Murphy’s voice always bothered me but I love the music. Maybe I’ll check out the new album.

Float by Flogging Molly is also a good one to check out, it’s the last one, and they’ve got another coming out in early March, this tour is promoting it.

Next concert I’ll have to plan ahead!!

Ya know what, if you like FM but don’t ig DKM ‘cuz of the voice, then check out the Street Dogs’ “State of Grace” LP. It features Mike McColgan, the original Dropkicks singer. It’s more straight-up rock, with a little trad stuff mixed in, and some of the punk-rock here and there. But it’s tremendous. It was my favorite album of the year in… 2009?

Well gwc and flogging Molly are some of my favourite things in the world. but sadly I live in northern Canada and will not be able to attend, although a meet up and flogging Molly dammit… that would rock.

So jealous right now, let us know how it goes and enjoy the show flogging Molly puts on one hell of a show.

P.s. there album whiskey on Sunday still ranks as one of my favourite albums of all time… the performance of black Friday rule… is epic in just about every sense.

I will check it out, thanks!If there’s one thing I don’t think I’ll ever have too much of, it’s music!