Fitness and Accountability

I hit a bit of a wall six weeks ago. Some of it was emotional (stress and/or laziness) and some of it was physical (long hours). The end result was that I stopped tracking my food and stopped eating well at the same time. After a month of that, well…either the Earth’s gravity increased or I gained weight. I had what I called an “accountability partner”, basically someone who would look at the data and alerts and encourage/prod me to track the food, make sure I kept up the workouts, etc. He got married a couple months ago (not related to my “wall”) and has been “too busy” to work out. He has stopped using the website/app (MyFitnessPal) completely. We didn’t work out together, but we both would encourage each other. Occasionally with a gentle boot. There is apparently a significant difference in my life if I know someone is looking at my info. I have friends that are geeks and friends that work out, but those are two separate groups. They either are not willing to look at the data or don’t understand why I want the encouragement. So…Is anyone here looking for the same sort of thing? A “check-in” every week or two, just to make sure we are on track. Not giving/receiving advice, not giving/receiving judgement, just encouragement and putting some other eyes on the data. I personally use MyFitnessPal, but I am sure that other sites and apps have similar reports that can be viewed (for free).

Thanks

I use my fitness pal so if you wish, I could add you to my friends list.

Name is decosta1228

I’m sprupert on myfitnesspal if you need an accountability buddy.

I appreciate that. Thank you!