Firefly Return???

Now i did a quick search of the web that turned up nothing…

but in episode 109 of the GeeksOn podcast, at 19:17 they announce that Ron Glass, Gina Torres, and criminal minds producer Edward Allen Bernero will be getting together to bring back firefly! Joss has been in talks with them, and hopes to bring it to CBS’s fall schedule this year! The series will tentatively be called Book, and will follow the stories of Shepard Book not shown in Firefly or Serenity.

granted this podcast did come out april 1st, and i haven’t finished listening to it, so for all i know at the end of the cast they put out a big APRIL FOOLS. but that would be very very cruel.

Sorry to say it, but I think Ron Glass’ involvement is your tip-off there.

Why? Is he pulling an Alec Guiness or something?

Serenity spoiler:

[spoiler]I think Brooks died. Can’t remember right well though. I’ve not seen it in a while.[/spoiler]

Yeah, that DID occur to me after I posted (keep in mind, I’ve been on a lot of meds this week and coughing a lot, so my brain’s not getting too much oxygen. I’m a bit woozy and confused).

But…for some reason I’d always assumed that a return to Firefly would somehow involve a “prequel” of some sort (I think having read the “Those Left Behind” comic put that assumption in my head).

Yea, Just so you know in the future. Every news article that the GeeksOn guys do on or around April 1st podcasts are always fake. Just like the Star Wars reboot the rambled on about.

well there you go. im not a regular listener to their podcast, i just downloaded that one cause they were discussing bsg. i also downloaded it april 8th so my guard was down. sorry folks

I figure they read my thread, One billion reasons to launch Season 2 of Firefly. I just hoping The Alliance grabbed some resurrection technology from the Cylons or something :smiley: