Firefly Reimagined

Alright, I haven’t written anything yet. Just want to throw out some concepts.

I was thinking about placing the crew in another 'verse. And it suddenly hits me, transplant the firefly crew to the Star Trek universe. Have the Captain and Zoe to be the few Maquis that survived the brutal Dominion attack.

The former Maquis Mal bought a ship and started running cargo at the far edges of the Federation. While they hate the Cardassians, they despise the hypocritical Federation even more, for hunting them down and then sitting by when the Dominion slaughtered them.

The crew does their best to avoid Federation and the Federation’s attempt to make people better. Doing jobs as they come, legal or illegal alike.

The crew can run into people from DS9 (like Kasidy Yates) and former Maquis crew from Voyager. And even run into Section 31 because sometimes Section 31 needs jobs done by low profile people.

Serenity in the Trek 'Verse. How does that sound?

It’s got all the elements, and the ‘morally superior’ aspects of TNG got pretty old after a while. DS9 was more likely, it seemed, to challenge the Federation’s halo. This would be a logical next step. Of course, I might also enjoy an Oliver Stone style film about the “Wolf 359 conspiracy”, where the string of errors that led to the destruction of most of the fleet would be dissected. :slight_smile:

Hells bells, I want Law & Order:Federation.

really cool idea!

you sure you don’t want “Glee, Qo’noS”?

it’s about a bunch of klingon teenagers who just wants to sing and dance, and had the hunter club dump Targ blood all over them during recess.

VERY MUCH WANT. And of them is secretly a vegetarian, too, right?

That would be the best show ever.

Alright, get crackin on the pilot episode. Instead of Chinese cursing, it’s Klingon. We can make Sherperd Book a banished Q, 'cept we never find out. River is a genectic-enhanced creation of Section 31.

This has possiblities.

and i have a great idea for Jayne :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll need serious help if the cursing are going to be in Klingon. though i can’t think of a reason for the Maquis would curse in Klingon… maybe they should curse in French since they are called the Maquis…

For whatever reason, I was thinking Jayne should be a rebel Cardassian. He does not like the Cardassians, Federation, etc. He’s just out for himself. As a Cardasssian, he can get into places the rest of the crew could not.

notes well, i will try to write the first episode after the Nu years. hmm… perhaps i should have paid better attention in all my ESL and English classes…

You’ve already got a great concept. Just put together basic character backgrounds for the Trek universe. This already has my brain sparking. I’ll try and put together an outline for the first episode (crew first meetings, Section 31’s involvment, its place on the Trek timeline)

in that case, i’ll share what i had in mind for Jayne. I thought Jayne could be a Vulcan orphan raised by Ferengis. That way he will have all the Vulcan’s strength and smarts, but none of Vulcan’s training or control, and all of the Ferengi’s selfish deviousness, but still a family man, who loves his moogi (que the cunning hat)

I was scratching my brain for a shepherd though. And your concept of Jayne actually makes me think of a Shepperd. Maybe we can have a Cardassian Shepperd. And it will make Mal’s interaction and confiding in him more interesting.

Sounds good. How 'bout Kaylee as the banished Q? She could throw out quantum mechanics and technobabble, disarming brainy folks.

Shiny, what about Inara?

… Risa? Orion girls?

The Orion girls were shown to be the ones who were really in charge, sounds good.

Totally forgetting about Wash. Hmmm, I wanna say Ferengi because it would be so fun to do oo-mox scenes with Zoe and Wash. Maybe I’m just seeing Quark and Grilka cuz I’m leaning toward Zoe being Klingon.

yeah, i like Zoe being Klingon too, but Wash being Ferengi is scary :stuck_out_tongue:

How about having Wash be Bajoran? Would lead to some interesting interactions between him and Spoonhead Book.

I could see Kaylee as the granddaughter of Scotty and Mira Romaine. Maybe she doesn’t know Scotty is her grandfather, but she’s always idolized him.

i am trying to come up with how Zoe can be both a maquis who is a DMZ native and at the same time still be a Klingon. I remember watching DS9 episode where Gul Dukat was abducted by the Maquis, and it included species from Federation worlds such as Vulcans and Bolians, but there was one scene that showed a Klingon. how and why would a klingon be on a federation colony?

Mercenary originally hired by the colonists to protect against the Cardie menace, then turned true believer when fell in love with Wash? Or is Jayne the merc?