Firefly Novel: My Own Kind of Freedom

Not sure if this was posted at GWC… if it was great, if not, even better… A few years ago there was talk of putting out a series of Firefly Books… Ultimately the idea was scrapped when Joss pulled his approval for the project… apparently if there was going to be another medium for Firefly/Serenity, it would be in the comics thru Dark Horse…

Well at any rate, one Firefly novel was written by a professional author… The author was Steven Brust… Not sure if anyone knows him, but hes fairly well known in the fantasy circles (well at least I had read a few of his books)… some of his works include:
[ul]
[li] Phoenix
[/li][li]The Phoenix Guards
[/li][li] 500 years After
[/li][li] Orca
[/li][li]The Sun, The Moon and the Stars
[/li][li]Agyar
[/li][li] Dragon
[/li][/ul]

Well Brust penned a firefly novel called My Own Kind of Freedom… It is available for download at his website, and the best part? Its absolutely free and legal to down load and diseminate as long as 1) its not used for commercial purposes and 2) the authors credit remain intact… here’s his site --> http://dreamcafe.com/firefly.html

I’ve been toying with the idea of uploading the entire file… but it is fairly large file - 8.68 MB large (pdf - the html version sucks… the spacing is all whack)

well at any rate, if you decide to read the story, i hope you enjoy it… I know I did… ay certain points in the story, it was real easy to imagine the voices of our favorite browncoats speakin the lines on the page…

MOKoF was mentioned when it was released, but it totally deserves its own thread.

thanks for posting that, Shan Yu. I had a minor data meltdown recently, and that’s one of the files I hadn’t yet realized I’d lost :slight_smile:

glad to do it Lady D… I had down loaded the file a log time ago, but just got around to reading it myself…