Firefly EU

I have been a HUGE fan of Firefly since its first airing (I think that I am one of the 6 people that watched the “pilot” and every episode throughout the season) and it is my “go to” show whenever i need some background noise. I want to do some EU reading and see a few things here and there online, but wanted to see if the hive mind has any good suggestions on where to start.

Thanks!

Well, there’s the comics.

And then there’s the Browncoats: Redemption fan/charity/whatever film, which seems to be officially tolerated.

There’s also a collection of short stories that’s quasi-canonical (IIRC.) Not released yet (or just released, not clear there.)

Did I miss anything?

Oh man, I was just looking over the stuff on Browncoats: Redemption and it turns out that this was all filmed within just a few miles of house we used to live in!

I think the Browncoat Redemption DVD will be released in Sep? I’m curious to see it. I wonder whatever became of that other project the Bellflower?

Float Out is the most recent comic book one-shot. They also have the previous two comic mini-series in collected form as Those Left Behind and Better Days if you’re looking for a comic book Firefly fix.

Anyone else read Float Out yet?

I was kind of smiling sadly through the whole thing, and then with the last three pages–wracking sobs. That’s not a spoiler is it? To be fair, I was also recovering from a hospital stint and emotionally fragile!

Hrm, yes, I will need to get over to the comic book shop in the next couple of days to try and pick these up. Thanks!

It was an incredibly emotional and pivotal moment in the Firefly/Serenity universe. Now I just hope that because Whedon was listed as Executive Producer on the issue, it means that he has plans for the future.