Firefly and Role Play

Ok, how I discovered the coolness that is Firefly. I was at my friendly…almost neighbourhood sci-fi con over one special summer event, sitting bored one guy with us had some Firefly role playing stuff and asked if me and my mum… and my aunts if we wanted to play. I ended up as the Fixer, my mum was the Medic who was tatooing people on the main planet we were on and my aunt was the Engineer.

As the plot went on, there was a mystery cargo and passengers (one of which was a punk kid)- bad mix- leading to SG-1 replictors running around the ship. Fighting insued and the Engineer was successful with a hot glue gun and some sent spaced. We had to abandon ship with all the money and end up found by the Alliance.

It finally ended up that it was all an experiment by the Alliance, who paid more money and fixed the whole ship and we were on our way. And the the spaced replictors ended up in another dimension to meet the Asgard and if you watch SG-1, you’ll know the rest of the story.:smiley:

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I’ve never played a role playing game before, but I’m sorta interested in the Firefly one. Is it hard to learn everything and will I ignore my family for it any more than I do with GWC?

When I’m one of the players, it’s pretty easy- stuff happens, you decide what you want to do using player info, roll dice, if it works, it works- if it doesn’s- you try to think of something else.

My gaming group has been running Firefly for the past several months. I’m digging, but I have to say my GM is far more… cannon…