Fiber Arts

Just an interesting find on Flickr. (I had no hand in making it, just thought people on this thread might enjoy it.)

a Logan’s Run cross stitch pillow! She’s made other cool geek creations too which I’ll let you discover for yourself if you follow the link.

Wow! Do want!

Just stumbled across this today and thot I’d share.

I hate to say it, but he’s kind of cute. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love to get that for my dog.

Who is named Eva, BTW.

Oh Pike, your comment started me thinking of other ways to torture little Hitler effigies.
…and of course that lead me to gingerbread men.
Ironic, in a very tasteless sort of way.

I really, REALLY don’t mean to offend anyone.
The thought just seemed to turn baking into a political performance art piece.

Sort of like a croissant?

One of these days, I’m going to get around to doing a knit version. Crochet is faster, but I like the look of knit better.

I’d settle for a crochet one.

Just sayin’

Hmm. Bribe a Mod… don’t bribe a Mod… Options, options. :smiley:

I’m also open for bribes.

Just putting it out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

ETA: As “Someone” on the 'cast (let’s see how they like it) said, bribes are always welcome, although not effective. :slight_smile:

I’ve done both, and you’re right, crochet is MUCH faster.

I’m really into crocheting and dabble in knitting when I’m feeling adventurous. I tend to make rather, er, strange things, because they’re so much fun to display around my room. Sometimes they’re geeky things like my Slytherin crest done in filet crochet:

And ofttimes they are odd little creatures I play around with and eventually work out a rough pattern for, like my little hermit crab here:

Now that I’ve found you crafty types, I feel like we should do a project exchange!