Favouite big bad

so what was yours

I love the mayor’s mix of folksy charm and pure evil.

Ditto, I loved the Mayor. He was by far the most interesting/fun big bad. Although while not techincally a big bad. I looooved Caleb too. My first introduction to the awesomeness of nathan Fillion.

damn—they’re like pokemon - ya gotta catch 'em all! All so freaking good…

…but the Mayor eeks it out barely…

The Master was the worst. The worst. The worst. But it was early. And I’m sure it only made sense to have a crazy vampire character.

Evil Willow was OK, but she’s exhibit A on how form can work against a story. 20 minutes to go in the season finale, and suddenly she’s going to go supernova and destroy the whole world? Or will the gang somehow stop her? Uh, lemme guess.

The Mayor had character.

Xander said it best during season 4: “Does anyone else miss the Mayor? ‘I just wanna be a big snake’.”

The First was the worst because it didn’t just kill you it screwed with your mind then killed you. Plus I liked the story line with Spike involving the First

Angelus.

He was just SO D@MN MEAN. And the sarcasm, his wit was awesome.

it won’t be a popular choice, but mine’s Glory. she was awesome. plus, who could blame her for wanting to slice up Dawn? :eek:

Its not a viable option but i would go with the Nerd Trio. They kinda had the biggest direct impact on the Scoobys. Also they are responsible for bringing about Evil Willow. So I chose Willow as an extension of the Nerd Trio

I was a little disappointed that Count Basie and Benny Goodman didn’t make the list, but then I re-read the title of the poll… :stuck_out_tongue:

The Mayor, definitely.

Which big bad was Nathan Fillion in Buffy? He was the Preacher, right?

My favorite was the Mayor. He was the kind of evil overlord that you would want to work for. Before he destroyed the whole town that is…

The one that had the greatest impact I think is a tossup between the Trio and The First. The both caused the highest body count amoungst the scoobies. Angelous was just REALLY cruel.

Overall: The Mayor/Faith.

Angelus, Glory, and The First were all very close seconds. I prefer them because they all were powerful and represented a real threat to Buffy & Co., more so (for me anyway) because of the emotional/spiritual damage they were able to inflict before their respective “Boss Fight” with Buffy. As an added bonus, they each had their own very funny, but very macabre sense of humor and some great lines.

Angelus all the way, I was always a bigger Angel fan than BTVS so im probably somewhat biased. I always loved how even stuck in a cage he was able inflict more “damage” on the good guys then hordes of minions. He did some of the most chillingly evil stuff on both shows and always kept up his gallows humour.

Not to mention, he’s man enough to cry during an opera.