Favorite word(s)

I am quite keen on some word I invented
from my drinking days: Pubulated
Since I became owned by some adorable furballs I tend to apply the prefix “cat” to many words
for example
Catbandoned, catuppied and so on.
Alan

Since I became owned by some adorable furballs I tend to apply the prefix “cat” to many words
for example
Catbandoned, catuppied and so on.

Cat-astrophe!

Nebulous

Very well formed word. Sounds exactly like it’s meaning.

OB

I’ll start with the profanities…
Frak is so satisfying. Yes, that version.
Asshat
Douchenozzle

For the sheer joy of polite language:
Vivid
Palimpsest
Redolent
Groats
Grace
Cerulean
Limned (specifically. The past tense verb and adjective forms of the word. None of this limn or limning business)
Taco

let me break it down like a fraction … per Francois Toulour.

Oblivion

//youtu.be/EbptwER5KpQ

OB

Lich

props to the artist.

OB

Is there a better word than Legume? I think not.

Plethora.

Baltar

PUGILIST : definition.

Examples:

//youtu.be/zSWQWw1Bvy4

OB

Pass. Port.

not a favorite word but an anecdote that hopefully folks might help me with.

Long ago in a period we like to now call “The Nineties”, I was at a corporate affair with many folks from Europe in attendance. During the VAST quantities of fermented yeast and hops, a table of several folks from Bavaria heard the innocuous phrase “car key” from one of us English speakers. There was much uproarious laughter and mocking of the term “car key”, “car key” , “car key” from our Teutonic horde. One Irish girl who sort of knew German asked them what was so funny but no explanation was ever offered.

Only know I wonder if there is a “double entendre” in German for this phrase.

Anyone? Anyone? … Bueller? Bueller?

OB

according to my friend Annika, it sounds a lot like the german word “KaKi” which aparently means foot or shank.

Dunno if that helps.

Alan

libidinous, a la Janet Frasier in SG1 “Hathor.” Just listen to her say it
Also Indubitably and Defenestrate

How could I have forgotten this one? The very fact that there is a single word for this, which commonly applies to people, is delightful.

Sneakers!..wait, wrong thread.

That’s my 2nd favorite word!

favorite word: Superfluous

Thanks for your reply and thank Annika for her indulgence of my ancient anecdote. I’ll chalk it up to beer consumption and perhaps an in-side joke possibly regarding a mishap at their car rental desk or some such :slight_smile:

Danke vielmals,

OB

Funny, if you were to ask me to describe you in three words it would be conspiratorial, puckish and twisted. :oops:

Chocolatier

Doesn’t that word just scream “Best Super Hero Name Ever!”. :slight_smile:

“The Chocolatier swoops in and encases the villainous “Lettuce Man” in deep rich milk chocolate. “Lettuce Man” struggles but succumbs to the sweet, sweet goodness of the Chocolatier’s trappings.”(copyright Oddball 2013)

OB

I’m flattered … or am I ?!?

OB