Favorite word(s)

Straightforward enough. I want to hear words you enjoy for whatever reason at all. For example:

Inspired by Calvin and Hobbes I love to say the word “Smock”.

The word “mote” as in “motes of dust” always seemed poetic.

I just read the word “acumen” which is what inspired me to make this thread.

Doesn’t need to be a one time only post. Post. Think of other words in a month, post.

“Smock” and "mote "are good, wood-y sort of words.

//youtu.be/-gwXJsWHupg

Cluster-Frak

Sloth Cloth: Your favorite grungy old clothing you like to wear around the house.

Reverse Telecommuting: When I catch people updating their FaceBook page and other crap from their smartphones at work when they should be doing something else.

Phone Condom: So you can safely have Phone Sex.

Sith-illating: The Evil version of Scintillating

Speutem: Classy way of saying phlegmy-spit

Smoo: A term (which she invented) that I picked up from an old Pastry Chef of mine, any thick viscous substance like a batter, buttercreme, mousse, pie filling, etc.

Sqwoodgey: Another word she made up that I enjoyed, it was her name for those cheap elastic hair-bands.

But on a serious side, I find my vocabulary changes constantly based upon whatever I am reading. Either in finding new words, or rediscovering ones I had forgotten. Which happens a lot as you get older…

Moribund
Recalcitrant
Titillation
Augur
Divination

Hmm … come to think of it … a lot of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons spell names :slight_smile:

Those dudes could rock the Thesaurus --> spells

OB

Sabataaaage!

//youtu.be/nlOTRxt-dIw

Khhhhhaaaaannnnnn!!!

//youtu.be/wRnSnfiUI54

BOOBS

Again Kirk proves to be a BEAST (ie)

//youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE

OB

Word … MOIST

Underoos.

//youtu.be/CRnBr4Utcqs

Teledildonics.

Retronym.
Baltar

Mine is plain and simple…good ol’fashioned ‘frak’…allows me to maintain my lil potty mouth and not have to filter my language in front of customers and my nieces…such a glorious fraking word :slight_smile:

Frak. Only I don’t mean “frak.”

Everyone likes me. They really like me.

“Phrasing” >--------------> (Ala Archer) :smiley:

I’ve always smirked at the word :

NUMB

I’m not entirely sure why. It just seems somewhat conspiratorial, puckish and twisted :slight_smile:

//youtu.be/Ixo2vmT3fBY

OB

Hmmm … come to think of it, I’ve always liked the word:

SHIFTY

It just kind of slides off the tongue. Also kind of a cartoonish nickname feel to it.

OB

I love shifty & shady.

//youtu.be/Kl2iJ2j9VsY

I am quite keen on some word I invented
from my drinking days: Pubulated
Since I became owned by some adorable furballs I tend to apply the prefix “cat” to many words
for example
Catbandoned, catuppied and so on.
Alan

Since I became owned by some adorable furballs I tend to apply the prefix “cat” to many words
for example
Catbandoned, catuppied and so on.

Cat-astrophe!