Favorite Episodes

I did a search but I couldn’t find a thread like this so I decided to start it. What are your favorite episodes of the new BSG? Mine are:

Kobol’s Last Gleaming (Part II), Downloaded, Home (Part II), Lay Down Your Burdens (Part II), Exodus (Part II), Collaborators, Maelstrom, Crossroads (Part II), Revelations, Sometimes A Great Notion, The Oath/Blood on the Scales, extended version of Daybreak.

Haha, I fear I picked too many. Well, I’m sure these will change with my rewatch. I have gotten up to 3.15 “A Day in the Life” during my rewatch! My all-time favorite episode as of now is “Lay Down Your Burdens” (Part II). I thought it was the perfect way to close the season, with every scene being amazing, Baltar becoming president, and of course the mind-blowing time jump.

What is everyone else’s favorites?

Favorite episode? Wow thats really hard.
Every season just got better and better, but probably my tied top 3 would be Maelstrom, Crossroads pt. 2, and Sometimes a Great Notion.
But really any episode that involves the opera house and kara’s destiny are my favorites. People like to rag on the metaphysical turn, but I loved it.

mine is still Downloaded

Mine is 33 . I think because it was so strong as an episode and showed us that the series was going to be good.

Both of those things made me so happy the first time I saw it, I can’t help being partial to 33.

1. Easily the best episode of the show.

33 is the best episode to my tastes. Action, suspense, mystery, potential… it had all of these in spades.

It’s also the best post-pilot I’ve seen. ‘The Naked Now’ was better than most (TNG), but I don’t know how much of that was because I was enjoying the re-take on a TOS episode, but 33… dang.

“33” is certainly up there for me. I also really like “The Hand of God,” "“Valley of Darkness,” “Resurrection Ship (parts one and two),” “Exodus (part two),” “Crossroads (parts one and two),” “He that Believeth in Me,” “Blood on the Scales” and, what I think might be the most moving episode of the series for me, “Faith.”

Blood on the scales is certainly up there…

That said I liked them all except ‘woman king’

I do love “33”, but for my money, it doesn’t get any better than “Lay Down Your Burdens”.

Excellent list, which I agree with…

And this.

To be honest, I love them all, except for “Black Market,” which I pretend doesn’t exist. Depending on my mood, any one of them could be my favorite.

The Hand of God, although its hard to just pick one.

Exodus part 2
Home part 2
Scar
Maelstrom

I like episodes with a lot of Viper action…

Exodus Part 2 was pretty awesome. The scene (and by The Scene, anyone who’s seen this episode should know exactly what it is) was over the top, and wife and I were both yelling at the screen during the big drop.

Absolutely freakin’ awesome.

I’m noticing a theme here Re: 33, btw. :slight_smile:

You mean the scene when Adama FINALLY shaves his mustache? I know, it was so awesome! :wink:

“33” is perhaps the strongest first episode for a regular series I’ve ever seen, and it seems like a consensus among not just BSG fans but critics and casual viewers alike. It drops you into the action making you try to figure things out as much as the characters on screen, thus sucking you into the very tense plot. It announces Ron Moore’s intentions to make this a different kind of science fiction show loud and clear and succeeds brilliantly at it. Thinking back, it really is hard to believe that “33” is the first official episode of the series.

I should also have mentioned “You Can’t Go Home Again” as a favorite season 1 episode for me. THAT’S the episode where I knew I was hooked on BSG. I caught the first four episodes while on a business trip expecting a chesse-tastic rip-off of Star Wars like the original series. As I tried to grasp at things to make snarky comments at (about the only thing I could find was that the new centurions looked a little like the “super battle droids” in the SW prequels, though in retrospect, it’s the super battle droids–even the name is dumb!–that look bad in comparison) I realized, once I got to this episode, that I really CARED whether or not Kara Thrace got off the moon. I literally thought to myself, “damn. These are real characters. I CARE about them!”

I should’ve mentioned this on my original list.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of “33” at all. I mean, it is a good episode. It is interesting, and action-packed, and there is a fair amount of good character stuff. It drops you into the action, and works incredibly well as a pilot to launch off the series. However, it is not one of my favorite episodes; I don’t even consider it a great episode. There is nothing that really made me go “WOW!” It was more of the miniseries and “Act of Contrition” that really pulled me into the show. “33” is a good episode, but hardly anything special, IMO, which is why I see it as odd that everyone adores it. Just though I’d throw that in there.

SHUN! Shun the unbeliever!

:wink:

I need a scale and a duck.

QUICKLY!

Shuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn

i’m gonna have to say one of my favorites is hand of god. i love the battle in that episode.

We shall use my larger scales…

BUUUUUUURN!!!

I think many of us think 33 is so great because it really just sets an excellent pace and reflects that the series is all about.

That said, I personally really love the two parters - Home (!!!), Lay Down Your Burdens, Kobol’s Last Gleaming, etc.