Farscape

I know this show is somewhat problematic, since Sci Fi (inexplicably) rarely reruns episodes and the first season is hard to find on DVD, but the show was amazing. Very well-developed characters, a fantastically rich storyline, great humor, and best of all, muppets! :smiley:

Yeah, I would be interested in this but I too noticed that the first season wasnā€™t available on Netflix. Is it available at all?

Yeah, I would like to hear others take on this show as well. I have to admit though that I have not seen every episode. I love the dynamics between the characters, the hap-hazard way they solve problems, and of course the witty earth remarks that Criton makes that no one else gets. :slight_smile:

Very overpriced used copies on eBay orā€¦ by other means. :smiley:

There was an error made on the first ā€œprintingā€ of season 1. It was subsequently pulled from sale & never redone for release.

The Region 2 DVDs for season 1 seem to be readily availible. They are really expensive though. Iā€™d love to own it on DVD, but they are just so overpriced.

According to Wikipedia, Seasons 1 and 2 are available on iTunes. Iā€™m at work (no, really!), so I canā€™t check if thatā€™s true or not.

I enjoyed Farscape - the first 2 seasons. Then things got even wierder than normal and I just couldnā€™t take it anymore. But Iā€™d be willing to try again!

And yes, all 4 seasons are available on Itunes. For $40 a season!

Before There Was Frak, There Was Frell

I got a little lost in between the second and third seasons, with main characters dying and coming back to life. I must have missed a few episodes that explained things. But rewatching those seasons later, in order and not skipping any episodes, made all the difference. I was hooked right up to when Skiffy pulled the plug. Damn them. :mad:

And yes, all 4 seasons are available on iTunes. For $40 a season!

Cheap, considering that the screwed up boxed set of first season DVDs was almost $100. Iā€™m glad that there is at least one legal way to obtain them. Itā€™s too good of a show to just fall into obscurity without giving it a fighting chance.

Other means also exist. :slight_smile:

I think Farscape is such a great scifi show that it should get its own arc. Each season is in fact have great arcs by themselves. I think Farscape is the forbearer to Battlestar Galactica, especially on the scifi channel.

Welcome to the forum ghostcat1, and I completely agree with you.

Farscape is by far my favorite Science Fiction series. I love it even more than BSG or Star Wars. I loved it from the first episode, but I think most people wouldnā€™t get into it until the later half of the first seaon. Problem though is tracking it down for those that donā€™t have itā€”the DVDs are very expensive.

I also agree Farscape is great choice to explore on the podacst, not only is it a new universe to discover, so far as i know Chuck and Audra are new to it, so it would probably be a lot of fun for them. like discovering Firefly for the first time.

I havenā€™t watched any of thing show I want to, where do i start for i heard mix review on it.

There is the short way or the long way. Basically, here is what I recommend.

Long Way (ideal)ā€”start with the Pilot and watch the entire first season. At the beginning of season 2, watch up to the fourth episode, ā€œCrackers Donā€™t matter.ā€ If you donā€™t like the show by then, stop. Cause at that point, if you donā€™t like it you never will.

Short way (luckyā€™s speed run through season 1)ā€”in this order, watch these episodes.

Season 1:

ā€œPremiereā€

ā€œDNA Mad Scientistā€

ā€œPK Tech Girlā€

ā€œThat Old Black Magicā€

ā€œDurka Returnsā€

ā€œA Human Reactionā€

ā€œNerveā€

ā€œThe Hidden Memoryā€

ā€œFamily Tiesā€

Season 2: Resume watching. Again, if at ā€œCrackers donā€™t Matterā€ you are still not liking the show then stop.

You might miss out on some stuff (obviously) with my order here, but you should have no trouble in understanding the majority of seasons 2-4, plus miniseries. The problem with season 1, like most shows, Farscape was still trying to find itā€™s groove, and it wasnā€™t until the second half that I think they really found it. Hope this helps.

I think lucky is right, after the pilot there are a few slow moving shows that might lose your interest. But when you get to the beginning of the middle of the first season, you start on a rollercoaster ride that doesnā€™t stop until the very last episode of the series ā€œBad Timingā€.

Iā€™m totally in for a Farscape Arc, its been a few years since Iā€™ve watched my DVDs.

I think Farscape is now syndicated, is there anyway we could sync it up so we start watching at the beginning when it is being broadcasted?

favorite sci fi tv shows of all time

1. Farscape
  2. BSG
  3. Firefly

Farscape needs some GWC podcast love

Oh, Iā€™d add ā€œThe Flaxā€ to Luckyā€™s list. Iā€™ve heard that not a lot of people like it, but itā€™s got good stuff!

I remember here in the UK when the BBC used to show it years ago (I think it was on after The Simpsons). I never actually sat down and watched it as I thought it looked a bit stupid but, now Iā€™m older and wiser, Iā€™d like to give it a go. Now all I need to do is find an inexpensive way to see them. Any reruns on UK tv that anyone knows about?