Falling Skies

was I the only one who thought, “Well, that could have been a lot better…” at the end?

[Spoiler]And that after watching the bits shown in “this season on Falling Skies…” I came to realize that the aliens are Goa’uld 2.0 Parasitic bugs that attach themselves to the brain stem to control the host. Now every time I see them fight, I want to yell, “Jaffa! Cri’!”[/Spoiler]

I watched the pilot and was… underwhelmed. I’ll keep watching a little longer, I’d like to know more about the backstory behind how Doctor Carter left medicine for a newfound love of history before becoming an unlikely fighter against the alien menace.

I really didn’t like the music, it felt bad-manipulative, as in clumsily done. Was I watching an alien invasion series? Or Dawson’s Creek?

I predict that the aliens will turn out to be roving scavengers like the Fithp, and the mechs are an example of technology they’ve stolen from a previous conquest. They aren’t themselves very sophisticated, just skillful thieves.

The sound effects pissed me right off. I know it’s dreamworks, but the alien sounds were recycled dinosaur sounds from Jurassic Park.

I was thinking the whole time I was watching Jericho again, just with weird aliens. but I’m hanging in, if it’s only due to lack of other good scifi shows(Battlestar/SGU)

I agree with all the previous posts. The show is underwhelming.

With Warehouse 13, Eureka, and the new show Alphas, I find myself FF’d through Falling Skies. IMO, it’s frakkin boring. I really want to like the show but I find myself hoping for something to grab me. A show’s carrot-before-the-cart device only works if you are interested in the characters. Besides, it’s been painfully obvious that the aliens are changing human DNA and integrating the human children into their society, perhaps even creating a new race.

:eek: Did I reveal a spoiler? smirk Really? Is that soooo shocking? In truth, I have no idea what they are leading to. This is what my Spidey sense is telling me.

I apologize if I’m being a poo-poo head. I don’t mean to be a downer on the show. If you are enjoying the show, fill me in. What do you like about it? What are you looking forward to?

Now, I’m off to scour the Falling Skies frak party threads.

Falling Skies got good toward the end of the season, though the two pen-final episodes were a half hour of good tv stretched out to an hour if you didn’t count the plot trope that tried to build some tension (torture, flashback – OR WAS IT?, and trapped-in-rubble). I thought the last episode was as good as the show has ever been. left me hungry for more.