Falling Skies 3.06 Be Silent and Come Out **** SPOILERS ****

Episode Summary from Falling Skies Wiki:

In this episode Tom wakes up in the hospital only to find out about Anne, and Alexis going missing. After being calmed down by Weaver he decides to give the Rebel Skitters 24 hours to get information on where they are being held by Karen. While talking with Marina, Hal drives up in the Humvee and knocks Marina out before holding Tom at gunpoint to come with him. While leaving, Marina wakes up and warns Maggie about what Hal did and she shoots the Humvee with the 50 cal. After the Humvee flips Hal drags Tom into an upper floor of a building. While in the building it is revealed to Tom that someone is controlling Hal. While Weaver and the rest of the second mass attempt to talk Hal down Ben, Maggie, and Matt go behind Weaver’s back and find a different way into the room. After Matt and Maggie enter the room and talk to Hal, he attempts suicide. Luckily Ben was in the door behind him and quickly enters and helps everyone save Hal. Hal shooting the gun but only suffering a minor bullet graze, tries to convince Maggie that the eye-worm left when he was shot, and that the Skitters device would only kill him. Maggie leaves after Hal becomes angry at her, for being unwilling to uncuff him from the medical bed. After Hal’s surgery he wakes up to find Maggie, and Tom next to him and says he doesn’t remember anything that happened since the week before. At the end of the episode The Masons leave Charleston indefinitely to go look for Anne, and Alexis.

Please use this thread to discuss the series’ twenty-sixth overall and third season sixth episode Be Silent and Come Out. Rule: Please keep spoilers limited to those revealed during the series up to this episode only.

These episodes are great. There is a ton of long-term story arc concealed throughout the episode. Hal gets taken care of, but was he the mole? Tom Mason alludes to exactly what the plan with the Volm is to Marina (wouldn’t it be cherry for the Espheni is she was the mole?). Pope states what we are all thinking of: If it was anyone else but a Mason acted like an alien and shot at people they’d have blown them up by now - and - He doesn’t need front seats to the latest Mason family drama. Tom says he should have paid more attention to Hal - Gee, did the leg paralyzation thing mean anything? And Marina is now the President.

We still don’t know what happened to Cochise or the real President. We don’t know exactly why Karen wanted Lexi. And we don’t know for sure who is mole was.

I think the story last episode about Rebecca Mason sure did pay off in this episode when it threw Hal for a major loop. Great showrunning there!

The special effects with the rebel Skitter eye-bug hunter-killer was phenomenal.

The interplay between Tom and Marina was well played. Marina’s grandmother: “The minute we love, the world has something to use against us.” Tom Mason: “I am fighting FOR people I love WITH people I love, which should give me an edge.”

Weaver alludes to Jeanne as the reason he wouldn’t go - continuing that mini-family arc from last episode.

I have to talk about Pope. I love what he said about the Masons and Maggie. It’s what we all are thinking. But once the Berserker states that he will just go change the odds to win the bet and when Weaver comes in he knows he went too far. He just reacted to the situation without thinking it through. Pope really isn’t all that bad when vectored correctly, but he isn’t always being vectored the right way. I still think Pope is a good guy at heart that wants to find his kids. But we’ll see. I think the 44 Magnumn Dirty Harry gun he had pointed at Weaver under the bar was just in case he needed self defense. But he didn’t pull the trigger, did he?

Of course I’m looking forward to the next episode.

~Shooter Out