Falkor (Luck Dragon, Neverending Story) vs Chewbacca (Wookiee, Star Wars)

A really loooooong time ago Chuck and Sean were discussing this matchup. I do believe they decided on Chewbacca because he came with the Millennium Falcon. I searched both the blog and this thread and could find no mention of an actual poll being posted. Also, Falkor has made off and on appearances in the GWC podcast discussion including the most recently broadcast episode, #363: 2013 GWC International Meetup LIVE. So now I give this GWC Geek Deathmatch to the community: Luck Dragon vs Wookiee, flying pink fury dragon vs walking fur carpet wookiee. Falkor vs Chewbacca. Fantasy vs SciFi. Were Chuck and Sean correct on choosing Chewbacca? You get to decide this GWC! Make your vote count and let us know why you did! You may help sway others to your side.

With Chewie’s prowess with ranged weaponry (or weapons in general), and Falkor having no (demonstrated) fire-breathing or even otherwise defensive/offensive skills (other than swooping and cawing like a knock-off Frank Oz), I give the Wookiee 10 to 1 odds.

Falkor is, admittedly, a “luck” dragon, but as with most totems of chance, his luck is bestowed upon others, not particularly himself. Advantage: opponent, perhaps?

And a big pile of tasty, tasty, medium-rare luckburgers for all on Kashyyyk to enjoy! OM NOM NOM.

In standard Chuck / Sean fashion, we need to discuss terms. Does Chewie get his weapons? Is Falkor lucky by virtue of being a luck dragon? Could Chewie even land a shot?

I’m going with Falkor. Hand to hand he outweighs him 10 to 1, no contest. He can fly at great speed and if Chewie is out in the open Falkor could take him with with RAMMING SPEED or pick him up and drop him from 20,000 feet.

BUT are we keeping in mind personalities? Falkor seems a might passive and would likely just fly around trying to evade chewie :slight_smile:

Also, suggesting them fight on an open field/open air battle could be one aided as well. Does chewie get cover? Appropriate weapons etc? If so, my money is on the wookie :slight_smile:

Falkor comes with a world I can create. Chewie comes with a has-been smuggler, a ship that only works half the time (if that), and an entire galaxy at war. I’ll go with Falkor here.

“Let the wookie win” … universal truth number 817

and then there’s this … yeah!

//youtu.be/v_d2Bf1oHr4

OB