Fables and/or Jack of Fables

Its currently my favorite graphic novel series. It takes the fables from the brothers grimm, mother goose, and other tales of old and drops them into our world. Not a retelling of their stories but the characters themselves that have been disposed from their worlds by the evil Adversary. Its all about their (mis)adventures trying to get back and live in the real world. If anyone but me digs it as well i welcome the discussion.

I tried The Nearly Great Escape, but I couldn’t quite get into it all. I liked fairy tales as a kid, but I don’t know. Kind of doesn’t work for me anymore.

i like. i like muchly. especially the way the fairy tale archetypes are given realistic psychological profiles ::cough::likeinWatchmen::cough:: i’ve only read about the first 50 issues, but they are absolutely fascinating. i especially like the story concerning the incorporation into Fabletown of the Arabian fables.

Hey Galaxy ranger. You should check out the Fables: Legends in Exile…Jack of Fables stories are not nearly as awesome without the background of the other stories. Bigby Wolf (the big bad wolf) is one of the coolest characters in comics. Fables is much more like a drama you would see on HBO while Jack is more of a comedy.

I just read the last graphic novel taking us to the end of the war. I was pretty pleased with it and was totally dug how it was carried out. Don’t know if anyone else is following this most excellent series but if you haven’t you really should.

I’ve been following it from the start, and I really enjoy it, but ti does just feel like it’s… waiting at the minute, for some other big threat.

Great book though, Bigby is fantastic.

Very True. I have decided taht when i get a dog Bigby is one of my top three names for him.

Its either Bigby. Digby (from Pushing Daisies), Or Chewbacca. It depends on the type and color. Bigby if the dog looks wolf like. Digby if its a Golden Retriever. And Chewie if its anything else.

Ain’t It Cool reports ABC has agreed to a pilot for a show based on DC’s “Fables” comic.

Just was about to post this as well. Im not sure that the show would work on broadcast TV. I think this is much more of a Cable TV show. It could work on FX or preferably HBO…so they can show boobs…and junk for the ladies…

Fables and Jack of Fables are always on the top of my always growing “to-read” pile of comics.

I read Fables and its my favorite comic series. I don’t read Jack of Fables though, I never really enjoyed Jack as a character. But great series very much worth reading if you haven’t.

I just finished reading the latest Fables book Dark Times Its one of the saddest graphic novels i know. Not saddest in terms of quality but in terms of emotion. It was really good. I am very interested in seeing the route they take with the new arch with a new Big Bad who has some incredibly frighting powers[spoiler] The new big bad is the Dark Man who seems to have the power to suck the life from anyone around him. He can takes their skull and eats their teeth which he can later spit out one by one and control a physical manifestation of that person. Which means he can raise the dead ~32 times per person, depending on their dental hygiene. Also he seems to be freeing other big bad’s like Baba Yaga and the Blue Fairy. [/spoiler]

I had heard so much praise over this series that I had to pick up one of the trades. I just finished Jack of Fables Vol1, which I thought was very cool and placed an order for Fables: Legends in Exile and I can’t wait. Its a clever idea with good execution and it’s done with adults in mind which pleases me a great deal.

Good NEWS everyone!

Bigby is getting his own Comic Line or at least his own Graphic Novel

Interestingly enough i found that link on the “celebrity” tab of the IMDB