Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone 4/2 @ 6 PM ET/3 PM PT

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011
6 PM ET/3 PM PT

Calculate for your time zone here.

Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone

Available for rent from Netflix (DVD and Blu-ray only).

After the second impact, all that remains of Japan is Tokyo-3, a city that’s being attacked by giant creatures that seek to eradicate the human kind, called Angels. After not seeing his father for more than eight years, Shinji Ikari receives a phone call, in which he is told to urgently come to the NERV Headquarters, an organization that deals with the destruction of the Angels through the use of giant mechs called Evas.Shinji’s objective is to pilot the Eva Unit 01,while teaming up with the Eva Unit 00 pilot, Ayanami Rei.

The first of 4 movies that retells the anime story from 1996.

The director Anno Hideaki affirms that everything remembers its old home, studio GAINAX, when he counts on creating a new, improved and updated Evangelion. The film is being handled by the production veteran that worked on the original Evangelion, as well as other new talents; the director suggests that this will exceed the success of the past series.

Anno is responsible for writing an adaptation for the cinema version.

For those who know the original series well, expect it to have surprises: new characters, new EVAs, and a fresh ending.

(fastcart’s note: In anticipation of the March 29th release of Evangelion: 2.22.)

All qued up.

Same.

No Farscape frak posted today?

Started!

No Badger?

red water? Thats not a good omen…

Have you seen the movies?

get in the car you putz.

just this one.

They really threw the kitchen sink at it.

Got 2.22 yet?

tough car, and … driver. :groucho:

Heh. Seen the series?

You know Misato’s Japanese voice actress is also Sailor Moon right? (:

Just volume one, had little desire to see any more. Shinji was just too whiney…

Nah, his father isnt manipulative… :smiley:

I can’t argue that. I think a once through through the series is almost mandatory to appreciate how much better the movies are. But, I can’t give the series recommendation.

Not in the least! d:

Heh, NO Pressure Shinji!!! :smiley:

Are you watching sub or dub?

Just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Starting season 4 at the usual time though.

Sorry, I was otherwise engaged.

The animation on this is stunning. Is the story all that different than the series?