European Meetup 2013

Should we try to get an European meetup together in late 2013?

Are you interested? Where should we meet?

I’m in Stockholm, Sweden, but I can travel anywhere in Europe.

I’m UK-based, only about an hour from London. Eurostar makes it fairly easy to get into France. Budget and admittedly-limited language skills sort of limit me past that point.

I’m interested, though. Would be cool to meet some fellow GWC-ers.

Tiggs
(via Tapatalk on iPad)

I’m back and forth between Wales and Ireland at the moment. I’m not sure how many of us are based in Europe. I have met one UK based GWC so far (you know who you are!) and it was great fun.

Sure, I’m based in Bavaria, so pretty central. As long as we don’t decide to meet up in Iceland (although I would want to visit it some day), it should be manageable compared to flying over the hole Atlantic.

So, we will be able to gather a small group. Fun.

I suggest (for personal economical reasons) that we aim for a November meetup. If that doesn’t work for the majority I can probably move things around. We could just try to find an central airport/city somewhere that we all can travel to cheap. I suggest arrival at Friday evening/Saturday morning, activities Saturday afternoon and evening, and end with Sunday breakfast. Don’t know what kind of activities yet. Suggestions are welcomed.

November sounds good to me. Time enough to figure out logistics and finances.

Which country is central in Europe and renowned for its beer…oh wait. lol
November sounds fine, but in my current situation I can’t plan that far and only on short notice can notice you if I can come.

that would interest me also but my life is undergoing some changes right now, returning to wokr after six months off, plus I don’t drink alcohol but don’t really mind hanging around with people who do. I#m based in Ireland with ocassional pratchett related trips to the UK, flights would be pretty much a requirement for anywhere I went, plus I’d need somebody to look after the cats for any time I’m away, so plenty of notice and it should not be an issue, also I’m an inveerate planner, I love planning stuff so if you need somoen to assist in organising activities ec, I’m up for it.

Could I suggest, if possible, that the “host city” be the home of someone attending the meet-up? that way we could match the style of the GWC one and perhaps meet up additionally at the home of the aforesaid person, we could even have rotating meet-ups in the future, so one person hosts it one year and we do a sort of renaissance tour of central Europe.

Just throwing some ideas out there folks, feel free to critique, I’m not precious about them :smiley:
Alan