European Blu Ray w Bear Concert Footage

Has anyone bought the European BSG Complete Set yet? According to Bear’s blog, it has concert footage from ComicCon 2009, and the footage looks awesome.

I am one click away from buying it on amazon.fr but I can’t tell from the site if it’s region free.

BSG Complete Series

-frenchie

Damn my trigger reflexes and the Buy button image (not translated into English) on Amazon France. It’s ordered now. I’ll report back.

Let us know. I have a general hate for Blu-Ray but I’m curious as hell about this release.

aaargh
according to amazon.co.uk the item is “under review”.
if i don’t buy it from them directly I have yo pay for shiping… grrr.
Phaze
on the “wanting the shiny shiny blu ray discies- does it count as double dipping if i own most of it on reglar dvd already?” ID

Tips on ordering from Amazon France (amazon.fr).

Don’t do it during a European blizzard!

I ordered on 12/4 - arrival date projected to be 12/18 - still no package - tracking # shows it stalled in Grimbergen, Belgium, which is, ironically, about an hour from my brother’s house.

New projected arrival date: 12/27

Addendum: Also, an awesome miniature I ordered from Scibor in Poland is lost in the snowy aether too…

Update on craptastiquis of Amazon.fr (but, not really). BSG blu-ray lost somewhere in Europe. Account still charged.

They are shipping me a replacement - yay!

Knights Templar miniature arrived from scibor (Poland). They aren’t kidding when they say “miniature.” Requires magnifying spectacles to paint. That’s OK.

Ah French Toast, I shouldn’t laugh, sorry, but this was very funny.:smiley:

I have a related question to those who own a set of BSG DVDs or BRs:

I’m looking to buy the complete series, but does anyone know how the discs are packaged in the various DVD or BR boxsets that are available? I’m mostly concerned as many complete series boxsets tend to have crappy cardboard slits to hold the discs, which I don’t care for, since they just end up scratching the discs. I hate those boxsets. Which BSG complete series set is the most functional?

Can’t help w recommendation on best packaged set. My European blu ray is cardboard-y. I’ve heard the UK version is in a nice tin box.

Update on the discs I ordered. They play beautifully in my Panasonic blu ray player! No region limitations.

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/battlestar-galactica-the-complete-series/10048044.html

I’ve just impulse bought this, as techn icly i’m still on holiday …
Phaze
on the “cough cough hack hack splutter… oh look, lung tissue” ID

yikess that looks like a great deal!

any idea where the bear concert footage is, there’s 22 minute documentery “behind the bsg music” on disc three of season 4 but I didn’t watch enough of it to see if the concert was on there, any ideas how long it was?

BTW on the packaging it’s not a tin box it is carboard but the season sets are in a standard 3 disc vlue ray plastic box within the cardboard.
Phaze
on the “I haz blu ray shiny shiny blue ray bsg, yaaaays” ID