Edward James Olmos working on Battlestar Galactica sequel

holyfrakkin’crap! I just turned on my facebook and caught sight of this!

Did anyone else hear about the news?

Edward James Olmos working on Battlestar Galactica sequel

I had heard about a comic series…but it was all sepculation. To have Olmos involved would be pretty durn sweet.

The comics up to this point have been pretty good (even the revamp of Galactica 1980 was not half bad). So a graphic novel? Hell yeah Id be for it

There already is a BSG sequel. It’s called Terminator :stuck_out_tongue:

EJO is the man, but I felt like he oversold The Plan, which failed to make any kind of lasting impression on me. It certainly didn’t – as he said it would – make me want to rewatch the whole series. That said, the Razor webisodes with young Husker were rad, so I’d like to see more.

Perfect. I was just starting to recover from multiple close up shots of:

You mean this?

In any case, it sounds pretty cool.

I’m pretty sure I’m good with the way the series ended, angelic Starbuck not withstanding. I’m not so sure I’m interested in Olmos’s version of “Little House on the Prairie.”

I’m not so sure I’m interested in Olmos’s version of “Little House on the Prairie.”

Ok, somebody needs to make that photoshop, otherwise I am going to have to do it.

What would concern me the most is that Olmos never wrote for BSG did he? He directed but I don’t believe he wrote anything, in fact, I wonder if he’s ever written anything at all!

But yeah, I would kind of like to know what happened to them after they went all Ludite in Africa. I think, though, it would be near the bottom of the list of things I want to see, since my heart wasn’t exactly ripped asunder by that ending.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a story that really details the last days of Kobol before they left for the colonies. I know that the comic series “The Final Five” has already touched on that but still…

just an observation here, watch CSI:NY 7x04 and who do I se uest Starring as the head of a Peurto Rican gang but EJO himself :smiley:

Phaze
on the “lemmie know if I’ve posted this in the wrong thread here but there wasn’t a spotted BSG people in other stuff thread I coudl see” ID

I would trust EJO to come up with story but I would hope that he would hire/rope in some friends with real writing experience.