Eddard Stark vs Boromir

Eddard Stark

vs

Boromir

I probably could have switched those pictures and some people wouldn’t notice.

I’m not setting any criteria I just thought this might be fun. I’ve got a few other similar ideas, but we’ll see how it goes.

Is there a Poll?

Dammit, I forgot the poll. I don’t seem to be able to add one myself. Can a mod help me out?

Is there a picture of Boromir? I’m getting red X

It’s working for me. If it helps he looks quite like the other one :smiley:

I was all, “Tony Stark no problem. Dude’s got rocket launchers on his shoulder!”

Then I realized it was some dude from the show that I’m the only Human alive not watching. So I’ll go Boromir.

OK, must have been blocked at work. I see it here at home. I don’t get HBO, so it wouldn’t be fair for me to vote on this.

Boromir. He chose his death willingly, as an apology, with honor, and in service to a cause in which he believed deeply.

Ned Stark, much as I love the character, is a doofus. Honor did not demand that he allow himself to be entrapped as he was. He should have learned long ago not to be so trusting of others who owed him no fealty. Also, why in the seven hells would he tell Sansa his escape plan? Had he ever met his daughter???

In straight single combat I am not sure who would win. Maybe Boromir because he has mastered more weapons.

Boromir: Look over there! Your honor is in peril!

Ned: What?! Where?!

Boromir: slash

Careful with that. Some of the ladies here would give their eye teeth to get some Sean Bean on Sean Bean action.

Judging you.
Just kidding. :smiley:

LMAO! Yeah.

Poll added. :wink:

Dammit, I got wrapped up in Stark sympathy. Obviously, the correct choice in Boromir. Can I change my vote?

Pretty much my argument in better words than I could have used.

Also, if we’re going for the shallow side, Boromir is much prettier without scars and being a younger Sean Bean, just sayin’. :wink: Good poll.

I think Ned Stark’s the better man, but in a fight, Boromir would win hands down. Ned Stark will always try to take the high road and “do the right thing,” but there are some situations and worlds where that sort of attitude well, uh, gets you killed.

Napoleanic era Sean Bean — in the form of British solider Richard Sharpe— would kick both their arses— in cultlass AND in gunpowder weaponry. :smiley:

Ridiculously enough, as you offered this in response to my quip about Bean-on-Bean action, I read this and thought: Three Bean Salad!

Was Jamie Bamber in this show? That would be nice - a story involving a Bamber/Bean bromance :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. i guessing Bamber was in grade school when Sharpe first aired. It was an old show though cuz there were years between episodes.

You’re thinking of Horblower, which is somewhat similar to Sharpe. Just to bring things full circle the guy who is playing Barristan Selmy, was Captain Hammond in Hornblower.