DVD Ripping Software

Looking for software to get my DVD collection into iTunes for use on other devices. I was using Handbreak on OSX for a while, but I feel like there are probably some better options. Looking for either OSX or Windows solutions, but probably prefer Windows for right now. What do you guys use?
Also, right now I don’t have a Blu Ray drive so I wont be ripping those, but if any software supports that as well that is a plus.

I use a combo of DVD Fab and Handbrake on Windows. I used to use just Handbrake when I was on Linux, and while I usually prefer the simpler, one-stop shopping of using one program it’s nice to get the ripping out of the way (it’s a bit quicker) and let the computer chug away encoding the video on its own while I go do other things.

DVD Fab has a timed demo, and after that demo is over the only part you can use is the full disc rip. Which, conveniently, is exactly what I need it for. Though I use it enough that I probably should buy it, at $90 it’s a bit steep. You apparently COULD use it to do everything (rip, encode, tag, etc) but I really really like Handbrake.

Bonus: It works EXACTLY the same for Blu-Ray as for DVD so I didn’t have to learn anything new. We hateses learnings, don’t we Precious?

Chuck is 'bout this… I think he covered pretty extensively in a Modern Geek episode. And I want to say it’s been covered elsewhere in the forum, but not sure where. But def’nitely ask Chuck.

Anybody remember what episode of Modern Geek?

It was the one from the meetup. I was the one who asked about it (but never got Handbreak to cooperate :frowning: )

I want to say it’s #36, but that one isn’t showing up in the archive. Anyone know anything about that?