Dredd

The first image from the film based on the Judge Dredd comic from 2000AD is out.

Crikey! He looks so awesome! No word if Rob Schnider is in talks for witty sidekick I guess

Welcome aboard, MNIK.

I think he looks good, but there’s been some griping about the eagle (hard to see from this angle.) I like it so far.

Also, love the signature Dredd Frowny Face

Yeah can’t see the eagle at all

Yeah, he pulls off a look somewhere between how Bolland drew him and Ezquerra’s version. Neat trick.

I’m hoping it’s the angle the photo was taken at. The size of the eagle is important. It’s supposed to represent the weight of justice that each Judge carries. I can see toning it down a little for live actors, but it should still be sizable.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that Judge Anderson will be in the movie. No word on Judge Death so far.

Holy frack. This movie looks bad ass. I’ve read a ton of Dread books and really really want to see this. Karl as dread that’s going to work. He can pull it off. He has that dark under tone to him. This movie can’t come out soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it is not shocking as I open this old thread on Dredd given my post on the blog (http://galacticwatercooler.com/2013/04/24/on-trial-dredd/) that there was some initial excitement over the movie no one went to see it. Let me know if you agree with my assessment!

I went to see it. Once the first night, once the 2nd night, was at universal city walk & saw in 3 times in one day, then a few more times until it was available for download, then bought it on itunes & watch it 'bout once a week or two.