Dragon Age II Spoilers Thread

Spoil away!

Anyone else get the feeling that Anders is a little…off? And I don’t mean the voice actor.

His character just seems very different compared to his Awakening counterpart.

He’ll tell you why after you finish his “recruitment” mission. There is a reason why he’s different, which is also why the voice actor is different.

Simple yes or no answer, but does it have anything to do with Justice? Don’t spoil too much for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Simple answer: yes

so…i think i found the title of the game

Dragon Age II…where your right hand tries to screw your left…and blame your feet

so…it is quunari versus the chantry

templars versus mages

where you got not one, not two…but THREE emo, i-am-so-tortured-and-complex characters.

that Fenris fellow will be the star of a million fan-fictions in the next couple of weeks.

ah…great game…great game

To me is seems the story is the Maker saying lets see how much we can frak with Hawke’s life and still make him/her want to do all these quests, cause if I were Hawke I wouldn’t want to do anything but sit in the Hanged Man and drink with Verric and Isabela until I passed out or drank myself to death.

But on the plus side I love the party dialogue in this game, I got a hilarious one between Sebastian and Isabela once my Hawke started up the romance with her that had me rolling.

OK…

THIS WAS MESSED UP!!!

trust me…you’ll know when you see it!

There are several moments you could be referring to, depending on where you are in the game and the decisions you’ve made. I made a few messed up decisions that made the end game a bit harder for me. I seriously got through the last battle with only Aveline left standing, rogue is a fun class to play but you have to make the right decisions or the end sucks.

I was talking about what happens to Hawke’s mom

That part made me cry, I’m hoping this game I can get a different outcome to that plotline. Just wait until you get to the end, there is an even bigger WTF moment that I totally didn’t see coming.

Just started my second playthrough and it finally registered that the first line Flemeth says in DA2 is the same first line that Morrigan says in DA:O.

ok

wow

this game is even more of a mind-frack than i tought

This is…in all ways…the empire strikes back of the series.

The whole world is on fire…

so many questions…all to have to be answered in dragon age 3…

I agree with you. The story was fantastic and a very brave move for a video game. Plus after playing this I can see even more of the influence George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series had on the world and mythology of Dragon Age. Brilliant game IMO.

ok I just finished it tonight

HOW CAN THEY LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!

Dragon Age 3 just jumped to my most anticipated game ever now (sorry Mass Effect 3!)

end game spoilers
[spoiler] a holy war brewing? and what the fudge? Leliana one of the main players of it?

at the end credits when they said “no sign of the champion or the warden” I’m assuming they were referring to my Warden from the first game (that survived since I imported my save) and not to Anders correct?

If I could have my Warden Mage with my Champion Warrior well…everybody else on the planet might as well just give up right now then :smiley:

The only parts of the story that kind of disappointed was the romance, at least with Merrill, I liked her character and how they got together…there just didn’t feel like a lot was going on between Hawke and her, ya they say ‘I love you’ to each other a lot but you only see them kiss what…3 times total?

though I did like the ending credit where Varric says "and we all had to go our seperate ways from the Champion…well all of us except Merrill, in that aspect at least it didn’t feel like the romance was worth nothing like so many of the DA1 romances did at the end

then we still have Morrigan out there somewhere, I’m sure she’ll be making an appearance in DA3…as well as back in black Flemeth [/spoiler]

I’m on my 4th play through right now and I still love the story. I can’t believe they actually went this route with the game. It does sadden me to see so many people, even professional game reviewers missing the point of the story and why it’s structured the way it is. I love all the cameo appearances and the ties back to DA:O, especially the nods to the Golems, Witch Hunt and Awakenings plots.

I have to give the writers some serious credit for the party banter in this game, I don’t random conversations have made me laugh this much while playing a game ever. Isabela’s lines take the cake, especially if you put her and Aveline in a party together and take Isabela along on Aveline’s quest in Act 2. For such an emotionally draining game they managed to put quite a bit of humor in it.

Can we please get a sarcasm/humorous/charming dialogue option for every Bioware game going forward? Because those dialogue options with Hawke were priceless.

Well, I just wiped for the first time in the Night Terrors quest. Really didn’t expect to be set against my own team members. Is there any way to keep them from siding with the demons, or am I stuck fighting them?

Really not at all what I expected. To be honest, it seems a bit directionless compared to DA:O.

Oh, and can’t believe those idiot Templars made Cullen a freaking captain.

Losing Bethany was annoying, especially since I just gave her a really nice staff I’d picked up in the crypt and didn’t get it back.

I just did it for the second time on my second playthrough and both times two turned against me so I’m thinking not, though it might have something to do with who you take? I took Fenris both times and he didn’t turn on me in either

I wouldn’t say the story is directionless, it all ties together in the end if you do all the quests, it’s just not your typical saving the world fantasy plot with an obvious bad guy. There is no real good guy or bad guy in this one. Both sides are right and wrong to a point unlike DA:O. Which is honestly why I loved the story, well that and just how emotionally draining and hopeless the story was. It was so much darker than DA:O was and I love it. I thought the story finally lived up to the influence of GRRM’s A Song of Ice and Fire series. Even after 3 play throughs the All That Remains quest still gets to me the way The Red Wedding does in A Storm of Swords. Horrific and heartbreaking moment.

The trick for the Night Terrors quest is to go in with say both Aveline and Isabela and then Anders. Anders technically isn’t in control in the Fade b/c of Justice and since both Aveline and Isabela can betray you only for the Desire demon you would only have to face one of them, most likely Isabela. Or you could take Fenris and Merrill because they are both seduced by the Pride Demon. Sebastian simply won’t enter the Fade with you. I always go with Isabela because her line in the Fade when she betrays Hawke just cracks me up.

I thought it was stupid to make Cullen a Captain too until I saw just how crazy Meredith was. She makes Cullen look like a nice Templar. Honestly both Orsino and Meredith are terrible leaders who do nothing but make the situation worse. The only sane leader after Act 2 is the Grand Cleric.

I just want to point out that in my first playthrough I had Bethany survive the blight escape and Carver die and Bethany was awesome but then she died on the way back from the deep roads :frowning:

but then my second playthrough Bethany got killed by the Ogre and Carver lived…and ffs Carver annoys the crap out of me, so much that I didn’t take him with me on the expedition which just made him even more annoying…and of course he becomes a Templar when I get back (awesome considering I’m a bleeping mage!)

I wonder though has anyone had Bethany with them in the city and not taken her along, what does she do? does she get taken to the Circle while you’re gone or something? I get the impression that whichever survives the blight with you that they’re not with you after the expedition