Dr Who Movie

Maybe…

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046098

EDIT - I stress “maybe”. According to Nredist Chris Hardwick via Twitter
Wholigans: Don’t stress about David Yates’ Doctor Who comments. I spoke to the BBC myself and nothing has been decided about anything yet.

How unlikely is it that we would get the long-mentioned, never-seen Time War as the feature film? Pretty unlikely, but if ever there we a moment in Doctor Who history that was meant for the big screen, that would be it. Imagine if they retconned in a different Doctor between the 8th and 9th… Interesting to think about.

Hell, you don’t even need to retcon one in. Maybe Eccleston would do it, or have a cameo as a witness of what the xth doctor did. So he wasn’t guilty that he had done it, so much as shocked that he WILL do it.

Doing the Time War would be good. Now the question is would it be Paul McGann or Christopher Eccleston doing the movie or would they recast the doctor that did this? The idea of a big screen WHO is wonderful. Is it the best thing for it I’m not sure.

I’d love a Who movie- but would it be successful in the US market?

Eccleston said he doesn’t want to return to the role, even for a 50th anniversary reunion special. I’d put my money on seeing someone new, whether they stick with the established canon or not. I’d bet on someone young, hot, and British to bring audiences in. R-Patz and Andrew Garfield come to mind, but what about Daniel Radcliffe? Just saying.

What! Potter got his Doctorate? :smiley:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

To paraphrase Princess Leia, isn’t he a little short to be a Time Lord? :slight_smile:

Heh… Visualizing Radcliffe waving around a sonic screwdriver while shouting “Expecto Patronum!” :smiley:

Blastr doesn’t think so: 11 actors who’d make great Time Lords in that Doctor Who movie.

And, yes, I get the irony of swapping a magic wand for a sonic screwdriver. But aren’t they really just the same thing?

Some nice choices there in the Blastr article, I am kindda leaning toward Eddie Izzard (minus the drag outfit and lipstick) as the doctor…

//youtu.be/DiFq_nk8pE0

I’ve always figured it should be McGann during the Time War, as Eccleston appears to have not seen his own appearance until the “first” episode of the series. (He basically takes a long, hard look into a mirror).

Plus, I’d love to see McGann get another crack at the Doctor. There was a lot of great potential there.