Done the impossible

Any of you other browncoats picked up a copy of Done The Impossible: The Fans’ Tale of Firefly & Serenity? Curious if it is worth buying.

Been there, got that. It’s not bad - you have to keep in mind it’s pretty much a documentary though! I enjoyed it much more than that Trekkies documentary show (not that’s not work buying!).

Update (2/15/08 8:11am): make that “worth buying”. Must have been watching too much Lost while posting last night!

Trekkies 2 is a nice follow-up. It actually redeems the first one.

It’s definitely worth buying, but keep in mind if you are a newly minted Browncoat, some of it may be like reading a loveletter where you don’t know the giver or the receiver.

Several of the people who are interviewed are frequent posters on the OB, fireflyfans.net, and serenitymovie.org. If you aren’t familiar with them, you might feel a bit disconnected and lost -

But overall, it is worth buying. At the end, you will feel more connected to the Browncoat Cause for having seen it.

I picked it up about a week ago, and it was quite the experience tracking it down. I have never been to a shindig or anything like that, but I still enjoyed hearing about Firefly from the perspective of the fans. Definitely worth picking up.