Doctor Who Christmass 2011

Well I have to say I really really liked this one! It was fast, lively and funny. I didn’t mind the last one but it did drag on a lot.
Loved the troopers they were funny.

This is the first Doctor Who Christmas special I’ve really enjoyed. A+++!

and i missed it forgot to dvr it im such a whovian let down :frowning:

If only it was extremely available from multiple sources on torrent trackers… that would be cool.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. It was fine while I watched it (except for the cheesefest at the end of the Madge storyline), but it really doesn’t hold up to scrutiny, imo. Plus they absolutely wasted Bill Bailey and co. Still love Matt Smith though. (if anyone’s interested in my fuller take, I have a review up at SoundonSight.org, where I cover Doctor Who.)

I really enjoyed it. I thought the story was very touching. I enjoyed the dynamics between Madge and her family. And the Doctor tearing up at the very end was a tear jerker for me!

I loved it- maybe it really touched the mom side of me. What I liked best was how the Doctor brings out the best in
Those he encounters. Loved the house tour too. Matt Smith is my Doctor, so he can do little wrong.

Thought this was a great episode. As a parent, I find I feel the parents concerns more. I would have done just as she had. Hell or damnation I would get back to my children also. I really like the toughness of the mum. Overall, much better than last years fish story.

A thought I had about the last couple minutes when the Doctor goes to Amy & Rory’s… the thing that’s so beautiful is the Doctor realized the greatest present he could have ever been given… a home and a family. It is also for that reason, I think he may have some darker days coming. I think we may start to see the Doctor become a little more harsh, unforgiving, even breaking the rules (crossing his own time-line / re-writing time), in order to save his “new” family.

Which in a way could circle back around to a theory Colonel Forte and I had awhile back of what could be, in my mind, one of the greatest episodes ever…
The 11th Doctor returns to the events of Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
“Silence” (in the Library) actually refers to “The Silence”
David Tennant returns to film some additional footage as The 10th Doctor of events that were erased from their memory by The Silence, thus we never saw them in the original episode
We have a some “Back to the Future 2”-esque moments of The 11th Doctor behind the scenes of what we saw originally in Season 4
And at the end, the Doctor saves River from being killed/downloaded in to the computer system

And of course River then goes on to become the first Time Lady… the Mother of Time Lords, beings who in effect, created themselves… (maybe with a bit of help from Bad-Wolf-Rose, just because I want to see her again too! LOL)

And to take the idea a bit further…

If River becomes the Mother of the Time Lords, that would logically imply the Doctor probably becomes the Father of the Time Lords. So while he may not be able to save his race, he may instead create them! However, I think throw in a dash of prophecy and some conflict with the Master, mix well and…

I need draft up a fan fiction story I think…

And with that, my mind wrote this little exchange:

RIVER (Extends hand to ROSE in introduction): River Song, Archeologist, and The Doctor’s wife

ROSE (Pauses for moment): Rose Tyler, Defender of Earth… and The Doctor’s wife…