Doctor Who 5x10 Vincent and the Doctor

//youtu.be/IVnKlJ7mIa0

Saturday, 26 June 2010
9 PM Eastern/Pacific
on BBC America

I love Bill Nighy. Complete chameleon.

Great casting. He looks so much like Van Gogh’s self-portraits.

A couple of Gingers! :eek:

I’m about 5 min behind- be caught up in a few minutes…

Just coming out of a commercial break now.

This episode makes me sad. Although I have to wonder if he would have still been such a great and prolific artist if he’d been appreciated in his own time. :frowning:

Back from comercial. He’s showing them his paintings. Pretty cool!

Heading into another commercial break.

I love how when they’re standing outside in the dark, the flowers are bright purple-everything else is gray and in shadow.

And we’re back.

I’m a little on the fence with the way they keep showing all the Doctors. I like the idea that they’re trying to show him as part of the grand continuity, but yeah, we get it. Enough already. :slight_smile:

What is this rearview mirror thing the Doctor is using?

Yeah, someone was a real fan of his work.

I’d never seen it before. I guess it recognizes anything that’s in its database, like some kind of Timelord Wikipedia.

I know what you mean. It’s as if they want to keep explaining why he’s so young.

I’m weary of Ms. Pond’s short skirts. As if she could waltz around during that time period in that skirt.

“Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly, and in the correct order?” :smiley:

Having her barely avoid being burned as a witch every week would probably get old pretty fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha, true! I do like these episodes where they meet historical figures. Reminds me of the Shakespeare one a little bit.

Reasoning with the monster. That hardly ever works, even in Who.

Vincent Van Gogh, dragonslayer! :eek:

“I’m afraid.” :frowning:

Okay this IS a sad episode. I feel bad now the poor beast is dead.