DNS, Hosting and other Magcial Resources Needed

I’ve got a new job that I’ll be starting in a month and I want to ensure that I hit the ground running.

It is a Software Testing job in the Web Hosting industry and I’m trying to find good references for the following:

Web Hosting
Virtual/Dedicated Servers
Domain Name Servers

Can anyone recommend any good books, videos, articles so that I can pre-melt my brain smile

Also what are people’s thoughts about how to start off in a new job on a high note and impress I’m curious to people’s discussions

P.S - I do listen to Modern Geek (In fact, helped me get the job)

Congrats on the new job. In my opinion I would first look at what tools/systems that this company uses, and find documents relating to those items. Web hosting and DNS are too broad of a topic, that it could take you forever to learn. IT is a field that is forever changing, so take whatever opportunities the company offers.

Somone who impresses me? Let me first say what doesn’t impress me. When I ask a question (which they probably don’t know the answer too), they give me a bullshit response. I’m not an idiot, I know when someone is just pulling an answer out of the air. If you don’t know the answer… just say “I don’t know, but I will research that and get back to you”. And finally if you do not understand something, just speak up.

I wish you well in your new job.