DFW Dec 17th meetup!

Hi all,
Okay, so long story very condensed: I’m Air Force stationed in Germany. Been away from home (Dallas for me, Tyler for her) for too many years. Finally coming home for Christmas this year. Have NOT told my best friend of 20 years or his wife. Gonna surprise him! Our plan is to meet here http://www.theallenwickerspub.com/ on Saturday the 17th. He’s a big GWC fan (introduced me to the Galactica 'cast back in the day) and if other GWC’ers wanna come do a mini-meetup, I think it would only add to the fun! I’ve missed all the previous meetups and not sure if/when I’ll be able to make another. So…tentatively…any of you DFW’ers wanna come help me goof off and surprise my buddy? We’re still six weeks out, so nothing final, but I thought I’d cast the line and see who bites!

Time TBD. I would imagine mid-afternoon-ish. All advice, comments, suggestions on how to do this right welcome!

We’ve missed Texas! Home! Finally! Woo Hoo!

-Trey

I hope that works out for you! Great idea- welcome home and thanks for keeping us safe!

Thanks Dawn!

-Trey

Update for anyone interested and…well, really 'cause I’m just so stoked! So…mutual friend in Texas helping me with the subterfuge emails me today, tells me he’s made full plans with my target and his wife and all is set for the 17th. Target has no idea and pub should be in on it as well, once date gets closer. We’ve purchased tickets home and my calendar is clear at work. We’re absolutely go on our end and are on our way. This is so gonna rock! I can’t wait to see the look on their faces!

Standing invite to any GWC’er who wants to come drop by. We’d love to meet you and get our Holiday going in style!

-Trey

Ha! This is a thread to myself! Fine! I see how it is! In my-not-at-all-excited-and-not-obsessing state, I would have no way of knowing that, as of now, there is 1 week, 5 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 4 seconds until the fam and I get to be home and surprise my best friend and meet some new ones. 1800 here on Saturday the 17th: http://www.theallenwickerspub.com/

WOO HOO!

:smiley:

-Trey

Well, 27 hours after waking up in Germany, we finally arrived in Dallas. Tired, a little jet-lagged and ready for tomorrow night. It’s good to be home. Hope to see some of ya’ll there!

-Trey

Just noticed that this is 1800. Any chance we can back up to 1700? Audra has an event downtown so we have to be headed that way at 1800. Actually, we’re available all day as well, so if you want to do lunch that’d work, too.

Plans are solid for the surprise, but lunch works for us. Sent you message with contact details.

-Trey

Just a follow up…surprise was absolutely awesome! Allen and his wife showed up at the pub about 30 minutes early! That dude hasn’t ever been early for anything in his life! Got a call from our conspirator Ken “He’s here! Where are you?” HA! We were pulling into the parking lot. Drove right past them standing there. Let 'em get inside then walked in before they sat. “What the hell are you doing here?!” I demanded! The look of shock and jaw dropping was simply perfect. A great evening ensued and much merriment had by all. Met Chuck and Audra earlier in the day, so what a Merry Christmas we had! Got to go by their place and see the podcast setup and Audra rocked Quentin’s world (our son) with a very cool Cylon Centurion that he proudly displays. Met up with Chuck and Audra again before we left, so Allen got to meet them as well. All in all, a perfect ending to a long scheming process. Didn’t get to meet and shake Sean’s hand, so, Brother, if you’re reading this, tell Squeaker and Mrs. Sean howdy from us and we’ll try again some other time.

We’re back home with weeks worth of pictures and memories. Still a little jet-lagged and behind the curve, but life goes on and work starts back up.

Happy New Year GWC, and thanks for being family!

Trey, Janice and Quentin