Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I never finished the first and never played the second, but dayum I want to play this one…

//youtu.be/Kq5KWLqUewc

I didn’t play the first one but the second one is one of my all time favorite games, right up there with Bioware’s many titles. It was a fantastic game that many overlooked and I can’t wait for the newest Deus Ex. My copy is practically paid for at Gamestop just waiting for it to be released.

I loved the first game, it’s one of my all time favourites along with KOTOR and Mass Effect. But I just couldn’t get into the second game. I was playing it on the PC and it just felt like a bad console port. I suppose it might be worth another go. This new one can wait until a price drop though.

The PC version really does come off as a console game. I’ve played both versions and while I enjoyed it on Xbox, on PC it just feels… I don’t know. Not as good.

Adam Jensen is the best name for a hero I have ever heard!:smiley:

New trailer. Nothing really new but it’s still looking good.

//youtu.be/K6WFuP11cs4

Now that game is out has anyone else finished it? I just finished my first playthrough and I have to say it was awesome. Right now it’s got my vote for Game of the Year. I simply can’t stop playing this game. Once again they’ve managed to make the perfect combination of FPS/Stealth/RPG. I loved it so much that I broke down and bought the Deus Ex Collection on Steam to play the first 2 games. I never played the original but I loved Invisible War and since this game is a prequel to both of them I want to go through and play all 3 of them.

I’m now on my 3rd playthrough and this game is seriously addictive. Trying out different augment combinations is fun but I don’t know if I can pull off going through the game without killing anyone except for the bosses despite the achievement/trophy. I haven’t even tried any of the heavy or specialized weapons. I pretty much stick to my trusty silenced 10mm pistol, combat rifle, revolver, shotgun and augments. I can’t wait for some DLC for the game because there is so much more they can do here. I do have to give the developers props for seamlessly working the pre-order bonus mission into the game. I didn’t even realize I was doing the pre-order mission until it pointed out on another forum.

I do hope that the success of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will mean we get many more game in this series since it is one of my favorite video game franchises, it’s right up there with Mass Effect in my book. The rich back story of the entire series is just begging for more games.

Well, I finally got Deus Ex: Human Revolution and am seriously enjoying it. I’ve always been a big fan of the cyberpunk genre and honestly, there isn’t enough out there in RPG world.

Saving up Praxis for some Typhoon love :slight_smile:

I love this game, and now there’s DLC called The Missing Link which fills in a blank space in the storyline. Square has already hinted at a sequel, as well.

Just a quick note that last week PSN threw this up for free for PS+ subscribers. After trying to get a couple good friends to try it since it came out, they both finally took the plunge and (surprise surprise) they love it.

/sigh

News that the next instalment is coming out on iPad was kinda disappointing … in that I would really love a new AAA title in the Deus Ex universe!! http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2013/060613b.html

//youtu.be/p1b8k469DbY

Kinda neat to see it follow the Deus Ex: Icarus Effect book though. The book made a few connections and provided backstory to the oft-derided boss fights. Not a mind-blowing book, but a fun quick read.

I saw the announcement of this last week on Twitter and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’m still hoping that once Eidos Montreal finishes Thief that they will start working on a new Deus Ex game (unless Square Enix has given them enough money to hire more people to have more than one team for the big games and they are already working on it, I’ve got my fingers crossed). There is no doubt after the success of Deus Ex: Human Revolution that there will be another one, the only question is when?