Defiance The Video Game **** SPOILERS ****

Total win!!!

I’m patient. I will wait! Thanks for sharing!

I usually catch the Defiance-Central podcast. They supposedly talk about EVERYTHING Defiance related but they are a good 80-90% (or more) devoted to the Defiance Game. I usually get my gaming news from them. They’ve even had the Defiance Community Manager guesting once.

Heya gang,

Episodic Content
With the last remnants of the plague disappearing from the Bay Area (trust me, I’m tired of hearing “aaarghh, my brain is on Fire!” when I’m hanging out in Top-Notch Toolworks), it’s time for new episodic content.

It looks like the Eclipse mercs are out looking for Nolan.

Quick content - only 3 missions, and you get a new title and outfit from it. I can’t wait to catch up on the series and see how this fits in. The ending cinematic actually links in really nicely to set up some conflict.

Recruit a Friend

For anyone thinking of checking out the Defiance game, now may be your time. There’s a new “recruit a friend” program HERE. If any Alpacas are interested, feel free to ping me (or any of the other Defiance MMO regulars that post here) and I can kick you and invite that gives you 30% off the PC version of the game. It doesn’t look like the discount applies to XBox or PS3 though.

Shooter, Scott & Jammer; for emailing out invites to 5 friends (or at least 5 email accounts - hehe) you’ll grab the VBI Headhunder title. If they create defiance.com accounts you get gear and inventory slots, and on the off chance that 5 friends log into the game - you’ll snag the Hellblazer Nomad Pick-up Truck. (Boo-yah!).

In the meantime I’ll be zipping around on my quad for the foreseeable future…

I’m on such an island in ps-3 land (for the most I don’t mind this though)…plus I play so erratically…I’d never be of any help to anyone…but I can spam my own 5 emails and get crap :smiley:

Lol. We’re on the same island Scott. I’m MediaDuo on PSN & Hendel Denarius in game. (Hendel, the dwarf from the Sword of Shanara by Terry Brooks + Denarius, inspired by The Knights of the Blackened Denarius from Jim Butcher’s the Dresden Files).

Pumped to finally have hit 500 EGO… Until the guys on the Defiance Central podcast were talking about hitting the cap of 5,000. Wow.

I’m (lamely enough) ScottTHG on there…I played an hour last night after my hockey game till I couldn’t keep my eyes open, I might pop in this afternoon too when I get back from my main job and before I need to cook dinner for me and my one person fan club before I play again tonight…I think I’m at 300 ego…I do love maxing out my cloak…what talent tree did you guys go down?? (or path along the EGO grid, whatever you choose to call it!)

I’m somewhere around 460. I managed to wrangle in all four of the different EGO powers, although I don’t think many of them are maxed. At the beginning, I was running around with Cloak and a Sniper Rifle. Lately it’s been Overpower with a LMG. I still haven’t faced off against Nim Shondu yet but I think I’m coming up to that part of the storyline now. SWTOR has just been eating up my game time lately.

Heya Gang, quick Defiance report. Up around 650 EGO now after having finished Chapter 3 of the main arc concluding with defeating Jackleg Joe Teach in the Bullet for a Badman quest. Apparently some folks are having a tough time with him, and I came across [THIS](http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?66798-Bullet-for-a-Badman-(long-post-amp-lots-of-pictures) post on the Defiance forums in case you are.

BTW: I’m using Overcharge as my EGO power, although I’m severely tempted to try Decoy…

I’ve also been ploughing through the co-op maps in order to knock off some achievements. I have to say that I really like the co-op maps (and the Siege events during the outbreak - can’t wait until they come back). There are plenty of guides on YouTube to point out where the data recorders are in each map to aid in getting the various co-op Pursuits.

Also…

The gaming community site Raptr is giving away some Defiance perks/rewards in a few days HERE. You need to set up a profile. So far I’ve found ol_whatsername on there as well. It’s an ok community site, not without it’s flaws. The Defiance rewards seem to be locked to PC only. If you’re on Raptr kick me an invite: I’m NeilIsntWitty.

Heya fellow ark hunters; how goes it.

Managed to grab a few hours in-game on this long weekend (all hail Canada Day Eh!) in between some renovations. Closing in on EGO 900 and have polished off two or three of the Co-Op pursuits which yield some great new outfits. I’m missing my Lawkeeper duds, so I might actually switch back :slight_smile:

I don’t know if it was as a result of the last patch, but I’m now seeing Volge show up at the random roadside events. It might be due to passing a certain EGO level too. Anyone else seeing them?

EDIT: Looks like the Volge are this week’s in-game event! Seriously, the first time I saw one road side it was one of those "What the frack is that?! moments. http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/07/01/defiance-volge-incursion/

Finally made it to the point in the storyline where I can go to San Francisco.

[spoiler]I had previously tried crossing the Bay Bridge a bunch of times to get the achievement, thinking I could drive between the legs of the massive insta-kill mech on the bridge… Yeah that cost me a freak-ton of scrip. Needless to say, I tried more than once…[/spoiler]

Yeah that was a ROUGH one…especially since when you got extracted you had to start all fraking over again…that annoyed the hell out of me and much bad language followed…the best way I got through it was to use a gun with alotta ammo and a fast fire rate (like my mod’ed out pulser) so I could mow through the 99ers as fast as they came in…once I got that going I was golden…

then my next main mission keeps glitching out…UGH

Quick follow up on the Volge Incursion. Trion just posted the in-game intel video on them:

//youtu.be/IGj4hjigtNE

I actually just watched all the intel videos in game - go to your radial menu and select intel>>videos. The videos are unlocked every time you complete the basic Pursuit for each enemy type (Hellbugs, Mutants, 99’ers etc). Enjoy!

Ugh, tried PvP for the first time last night and was reminded again of why I don’t play PvP as a general rule. I got my ass handed to me pretty much non-stop.

An assault rifle is definitely the WRONG load out for PvP. How do I know? Perhaps it was the constant “thump” of grenades landing around me that did AOE damage before I could even get a bead on a target… Or maybe it was the unending attack of aliens from infectors that kept jumping on me and killing me.

I think it’s time to use some of the faction credits from doing dailies to buy an infector or better grenade launcher, then maybe try again. There’s a lot of achievements that are linked to PvP dammit…

This is why I pick my battles and stick to the episode, story missions and all the lil side quests (the Rampages are fun and take me back to GTA days :slight_smile: )…this doesn’t feel like a game I need to do EVERYTHING in…

They are also allowing you to replay all the episode missions now…since we have 10+ months till we see another damn episode!

Lol. When your post pinged on Tappatalk I was actually in the middle of knocking off my replay of the plague episodic content.

I loved the replay of the episodic content as I joined up after the Nolan / Irisa content. Awesome to play through it with them. Also, I’m super glad they tuned Pipers rogue E-REP soldiers down. I’ve had Paying the Piper on my map for weeks as I kept getting frustrated with it.

I love the comments in the patch update about that “sorry we only want the Volge to be unstoppable human killing machines!!”

and my Gods there is NOTHING worse then a Volge pit stop being right next to the “start mission” marker…I’m new to the MMO thing and if that’s normal so be it…it’s annoying as all damn hell though!
Least I got to walk on the Golden Gate Bridge at last…

Well, I finished the storyline on Friday and while I died a few times on the final boss (Phase 1 almost had me /ragequit a few times), it was nice to finally make it through the main story. I really would have liked a full cinematic to wrap up the story though - it felt a bit light. While I enjoyed the story, I’m probably not going to replay the main quest - there were none of those Mass Effect moments that tugged at the heartstrings or made you “whoop” for joy at accomplishing something epic.

So… what’s next given that there’s no more episodic content for a while? I guess we’ll see what the DLC in august brings, and I’ll keep grinding away on faction rep through dailies. I might even give PvP another shot. I am pretty much done with arcfalls for the meantime, and I do have a few more side quests left in SF, as well as all the rampage and time trial missions (Frack I hate driving quests though).

Heya gang,

Quick Defiance gaming report. After moving on to a couple other games during the past three weeks, I’ve picked up Defiance again. While I still have a couple of side quests in San Francisco to do, I’m mainly running co-op maps to get my dailies, and running around doing ark falls to level up different weapons (SMG and Infectors mainly). I still haven’t done any of the time trials or rampages, but I grabbed almost all of the data recorders in the co-op maps, so I’m having fun playing Defiance-dress-up with my character. I guess this is a mindless way to jump in, game for a bit in the evenings, then log out.

Let’s see if the DLC actually drops this month…

DLC time folks! The The Castithan Charge Pack dropped last night (Aug 20), and you just know the shtako’s gonna hit the fan.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/20/heres-a-trailer-for-defiances-first-dlc-pack/

[video=youtube_share;6wAAmep_XFo]http://youtu.be/6wAAmep_XFo[/video]

The retail price for Defiance PC standard edition is now $9.99 at Amazon, Origin, Steam, et. al.

Also, Trion is now offering a 72 hour free trial, again PC version only: defiance.com PLAY FOR FREE

Especially for lower bandwidth gamers, read the fine print carefully. Since the time trial begins on account creation, some of those 72 hours will be spent on downloading/installing/patching/installing the 8gb-10gb client. I couldn’t get a straight answer tonight if the base install is the latest version pre-patched. Earlier this summer, it was not. All downloading is through Trion’s standalone front end from Trion’s servers - not Steam or Amazon. But you will receive an additional 25% off after the trial expires, increasing your savings from 83% to 87% off for $7.50. The extra extra discount is a Trion exclusive so trial before you buy… if considering buying.

Warning: purchase any DLC through Steam if you will be playing on Steam. This ass biter isn’t exclusive to Defiance, a lot of games carry this Steam restriction.

Despite many forum grumblings about an imminent policy change, I wouldn’t take it for granted Defiance is going free to play until after all four DLC are released.

Its funny…once the TV Season ended I thought this game would be a good bridge the gap for the long-ass wait for next season…I just look at the disk now and go blah…

I put it down for quite a while, but the new content is kinda fun for now.

NOTE: Except for the playable Castithans and the new quests related to that storyline, everything else (charge weapons, sieges, Volge weapons) are all part of the accompanying patch.

I’m really loving the new Volge sieges, as well as the Dark Matter arkfalls. Everything now costs more scrip, so be careful about going nuts buying vanity colours of rollers and duni’s.