Day Long Hangout, Saturday 3/23

Saturday, March 23 starting at 10 am EST

A daylong google hangout like the skype calls of old, culminating in a group watch Tremors drinking game at 10pm EST.

DM me on here or on twitter, and I’ll add you to my G+ circle. We may need to create more than one hangout to accommodate everyone, so if the hangout is full when you log on, start another. People can come and go throughout the day, and people may jump hangouts every once in a while to talk to people in the other hangout(s).

EDIT: A few notes on hangouts for new people:

Get headphones and a microphone. With 10 people, feedback and background noise can become a real issue.

Most people find that firefox works best for the hangouts.

When you join the hangout you will be muted. There is a button in the upper right that unmutes you.

I’m gonna be djing/bartending a party friday and saturday. Dunno if I’ll be around at all=/

My mom, sister and nephew decided to announce a surprise visit for this weekend just yesterday. Plus there is an all dance compeititon for Little Shootette. HOWEVER, I plan to attend. Even if it’s just for a little while via my iPhone as I sit in my car in between Little Shootette’s dances.

hrm… get up at 7am to start drinking with GWCers… I’m there. :slight_smile:

Hook me up please. I’ll be one who bounces in and out during the day most likely.

Was reminded that I’m going to my best friends baby shower. I’ll hit you up later in the day.
Question - Why would Google+ Hangouts work better on Firefox than Chrome?

Most likely Chrome, that is what I have had the most success on.

I’ll try to bounce in and out too.

I have to work all day but I could be up for some evening cocktails. Miss you guys.

Must… vocalize… with Solai…

Never actually been to a GWC hangout, pesky timezones usually get in the way. May well try to bounce into this one a couple times.

Well, turns out ms preggers is in the hospital, water broke today, so shower is postponed. I’ll be drinking with you guys at 7am PST. :slight_smile:

I should be able to drop in sometime in the afternoon. Haven’t used the hangout in G+ so we’ll see how that works out for me.

I will try an pop in during the day.

It is fun to finally put some faces and voices to the various names I’ve been hearing for a few years now.

Additions to the schedule (all times EST):

8:00 Kings
10:00 Tremors
12:00 Space Jam

Drinking Rules:

8:00 Kings

Ace - Waterfall: The Player who drew this card begins to chug or sip, so then does everybody else. When the person who picked up the card stops drinking the person to their right can stop drinking. When that person stops drinking the person to their right can stop drinking. This goes to the end of the circle.

2 - You: The Player who drew this card selects someone who then must drink.

3 - Me: The Player who drew this card must drink

4 - Secret Action: When someone draws the 4 they keep the card and the game continues. At any point during the game the holder of the card might put their finger on the nose (the idea being to do it so that no-one notices) the last person to then notice and put their finger on their nose has to drink.

5 - Guys: Gentlemen drink

6 - Chicks: Ladies drink

7 - Captain Abby: The drawer of an 7 becomes the Captain and can do anything they want, imposing an unlimited number of rules until the next 7 is drawn, where all the previous Captain’s rules are revoked, unless the new Captain wishes to keep them. Similar to the rules card, except a little more extreme! (The Abby Rule)

8 - Pick a date: The Player who draws this card picks another player. Whenever The Player drinks their date also drinks

9 - Dare or Drink: Choose one person, dare them to do something. If they refuse they drink.

10 - Categories: The player who draws this card picks a category such as “sports teams” or “bands from the '90s,” the players then go around in the circle saying items from that category, the first player who can not think of an item or says something not in the category (or if all items have been exhausted) must drink.

Jack - The drawer of this card chooses a possible activity, like “throw up tonight” or “have a secret crush on Justin Bieber”. All participants point at the person they think is most likely to do this activity. Each finger pointing at you is one drink.

Queen - Questions: Each player may ask the person who drew the nine a question. If the drawer of the nine refuses to answer the question, he/she must drink, if he/she answers every question then everyone else must drink

King - Everyone drinks

Joker - 5 fingers of Never Have I Ever

10:00 Tremors

Drink Every Time . . .

1. Anyone dies
  2. Earl and Val talk about their plans
  3. Anyone plays rock, paper, scissors
  4. Anyone yells
  5. Anyone says the town’s name
  6. Anyone distracts a worm
  7. Anyone says “FUUUUCKKKK YOOOUUUUU!”
    AND IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET WASTED . . .
    Anytime anyone sees a worm.

12:00 Space Jam

Drink each time:

• There is a slam dunk
  • There is a close up shot of MJ’s face
  • There is a “World change”
  • One of the Loney Tunes says their famous quote or a sexual innuendo
  • Bill Murray is shown, take two
  • You see Newman’s sweat

Tremors is available on Netflix for those in the states. You will have to find Space Jam elsewhere.