Darker Than Black

Just finished this series a little while ago, I really enjoyed it. It was indeed dark, but it had just enough humor to keep it from becoming overwhelming. Nice arcs for all of the characters and I loved the fact that all of the background for the world they had built for the story was slowly revealed over time and not spoon fed to you, or worse yet shoved down your throat in a long monologue or dry exposition.

My only complaint is episode 26, why is it tacked onto the end? Anybody know the history of it? My only working theory is that the studio was running behind and had to shelve it in order to finish the more important episodes on time for release. And so 26 was added to the DVDs later as an added bonus episode. Or maybe it was a TV special that they added later to the set… I dunno.

I ask because it is so out of place, and so jarring after the emotional ride they take you on. I was still recovering from the deaths of so many beloved characters when all of a sudden they are alive again, and I am assaulted by a Otaku/Fan fiction episode!:confused: It seemed so… inappropriate. I gave up about a third of the way in and put the set away, it seemed the respectful thing to do.:o IYKWIM, I guess I am weird that way.