Danny Ocean (Oceans 11/12/13) v Dominic Toretto (Fast and Furious 1,2,3,4, & 5)

On February 19, 2013 a gang pulled off one of the most planned and best executed diamond heists of modern times at the Brussels International Airport. The “job” was executed using a Mercedes and a van to race unto the flight line tarmac through a cut hole in the perimeter fence and took less than 3 minutes. No one was hurt during the operation. This was a major theft considering anti-terrorism measures in place at airports these days and precisely timed with the armored car in the middle of loading the $50M worth of diamonds unto the cargo plane. They will most likely never be caught.

In honor of the Brussels Heist I’m putting up this Geekmatch between of the the greatest heist gang leaders in film. For the record I did consider Sneakers, The Italian Job, The Thomas Crowne Affair and all the rest but two criteria gave me these in particular. 1) It was a non-government funded gang that pulled this off (so no movies like Mission Impossible that were government based and no movies like Catch Me If You Can that were just individuals) and 2) Vehicles were involved. It was a tough choice between The Italian Job and Fast & Furious (particularly Fast Five) but since Fast & Furious have 5 movies under their belt with a 6th and 7th on the way I figured I go for the series with more content.

So who is the greatest gang heist leader of all time? You decide!

Dom is thoroughly badass, but nobody outplays Ocean, ever, even in a Thunderdome scenario. I really like these, Shooter. Keep ‘em comin’!

There’s worse things than being caught. I’ll tell you how THAT movie ends. Probably a little something like this:

//youtu.be/IowunN9Y5yE

That is quite possibly the biggest advertisement and deterrent to not take part in a heist theft ring.

“You know, when I signed up for this heist, I was really hoping it would be a little more Fast Five. Those guys really get along!”