D2A : The Black Hole

So I head over to the amazing “Starship Dimensions” website recommended in another thread (http://www.merzo.net/) and the first thing I see is not starships, but comparisons of the heights of characters. What surprised me was to see two blasts from my past: B.O.B. and V.I.N. CENT. from “The Black Hole”

Now, truly…this movie could suck now, but I remember being a HUGE fan of it back in the day. I was in the throes of Star Wars/Battlestar/Buck Rogers/Voyagers stage and this fit right in. I remember it being a dark movie, slightly scary and quite cool.

Anyone seen this? Remember it? Seen it recently?

Here is a link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078869/

I found the DVD some time ago and finally re-watched it this past spring.

The effects hold up surprisingly well and the story is still enjoyable (tho a bit drawn out at times).

What got me was how dark this movie was for a “kids” movie, what with the enslavement of the crew and the maniacal madness of the captain. Not to mention that final scene where they end up in what-looks-like Hell.

I think the GWC guys should put it in their watch queue for the DTA cast.

Wubwub…you may may want to put the second part of the third paragraph in spoiler tags…but I am so glad you have not only seen it recently but like it!

Maximillian…now THAT’S a cylon.

I agree with the surpising darkness of the movie. Didn’t vibe like any Disney movie - especially the ending…

Yeah, I’m all for a rewatch

Funny to think there are people who haven’t seen this classic :slight_smile:

Got to be more careful on spoilers.

It was on, of all channels, Turner Classic Movies (they were doing a Tony Perkins (really?!?!?) retrospective) a few weeks ago. God did that movie ever suck out loud, but not quite enough to be “so bad it’s good” (it comes really close, though, mostly thanks to Maximilian Schnell. What a goofball that guy was!).

All right, I take it back: the end, when they go through the black hole and it turns out to be a portal to heaven and hell (I guess) is a riot, especially the shot of Maximilian Schnell and the robot named, heh heh, Maximilian melding together into one being, only it looks like they’re engaging in an unholy human on robot union that even the Cylons would wince at.

It’s pretty cooky, that movie!

Really? Spoiler tags? (How do you do that? I just made the same mistake.)

[spoiler]Like this[/spoiler]

[ spoiler ]Like this[ /spoiler ] but without the spaces around the brackets.

This and the youtube tag should have a section in the FAQ.

The Black Hole - what a great suggestion! I remember seeing it, but not much about it besides, er, the black hole. Must add to Netflix NOW!