Cylon Musical Number?

Trust the Japanese to come up with something like this…

Visitors to the Digital Content Expo in Tokyo last weekend were treated to a choreographed dance routine featuring AIST’s feminine HRP-4C robot and four humans.

//youtu.be/xcZJqiUrbnI

The performance, called “Dance Robot LIVE! - HRP-4C Cybernetic Human,” is the culmination of a year-long effort to teach the humanoid to dance. The routine was produced by renowned dancer/choreographer SAM-san (a member of the popular music group TRF who has worked with numerous well-known artists like SMAP and BoA), and the lip-synced song is a Vocaloid version of “Deatta Koro no Y? ni” by Kaori Mochida (Every Little Thing).

You can watch it on Youtube in glorious HD if you want to see all of the detail work they did on the humanoid, or to get a better view of the cute dancers. Fascinating and a little disturbing…

a little?!?!?!?! :eek:

Wow. The technical side of this thing must be amazing. It/she has better balance than I do for fraksake!

All this vid needs is a quick shot of the audience, with Baltar and Six sitting in the back slyly nodding to each other…

It’s still pretty much a silica-rubber face slap banged on a mechanical body - just like the first generation of terminators.

Whereas we, Cylons, are able to form our own opinions; generate individual thought; yet still function as a collective :cool:

It’s still a long way to go…

Meh, tell it to the Centurions.

wait , SMAP danced?

oh wow, they got her to balance on one foot while having her whole body tilted side ways quickly and repeatedly. too bad she didn’t move forward or backwards, maybe they finally figured out the balancing sensors/algorithms with front bending knee joints.

Yeah this is waaaay beyond any of the usual ‘fan dancing’ or martial arts Kata movements I am used to seeing at robot demonstrations. I was very impressed. And she does not have the trademark ‘squat walk’ we are so used to seeing either… And I like the music too!:smiley:

Wow, I was way too distracted by the hot background dancers to pay attention to the robot…