Cylon Creche (fanfic) my new script

This one is a bit more serious than the last one I did ( :smiley: ). It is a little idea I had for a two hour story that takes place in the Galactica universe, with no one from our BSG TV show.

I don’t want to give out too much info, as it unfolds during the story, but It starts off before the miniseries, then takes place during. Hope you like it. Feedback good or bad is always appreciated. Here is the first 3 minute teaser…

(I just noticed that copying and pasting really fraked up the formatting, hope it is not too distracting)

int. civilian home - night

An ELDERLY WOMAN is listening to OLDIES MUSIC on an OLD FASHIONED RADIO. Her eyes are closed and she hums along to the MUSIC. There is a LOUD KNOCK on the door, and she is startled. She gets up and goes towards the door.

elderly woman

That’s odd, I wasn’t expecting company.

She looks through the doors peephole, sighs, and opens the door. Three Original Cylon Centurions stand at her door.

ELDERLY WOMAN

Yes boys?

CYLON

We were dispatched to protect you.

ELDERLY WOMAN

Protect me? From what?

CYLON

From unseen monsters. A perimeter will be set up, I will stand guard inside, with your permission.

The Two Cylons behind him look off in either direction scanning for trouble.

CYLON

We would like to search the house for said monsters and make sure the house is safe before we begin our perimeter defense. Reinforcements are on their way. May we enter?

ELDERLY WOMAN

Hold on, hold on, I think I can explain.

The elderly woman looks up towards the stairs to the second story of her house and yells.

ELDERLY WOMAN

Katee! Get down here right this second.

A SMALL CHILD, KATEE (6) sheepishly walks down the stairs.

katee

Nanny, Nanny, I can explain. I told the dispatcher I was you, and called for help!

ELDERLY WOMAN

Katee! I want you to apologize to these Guardians immediately! I’m sure they have better things to do than guard against your imaginary friends.

KATEE

He’s not imaginary, he’s a real live monster living in my closet!

ELDERLY WOMAN

I apologize, boys, She has a very active imagination. Please, forgive her. I’m sure you have better things to do.

The centurions look at each other, then the woman.

CYLON

There is no need to apologize. Are you sure you don’t want one of us to stay behind?

ELDERLY WOMAN

We’ll be fine, after I have a talk with my little troublemaker here.

CYLON

If any additional help is needed, we will be patrolling nearby. WE also have added this address to our list of priority protection areas. Have a pleasant night.

ELDERLY WOMAN

Thank you. Good night.

The centurions turn and walk away. The elderly woman closes the door and looks at Katee sternly.

ELDERLY WOMAN

I am very disappointed in you.

KATEE

But the monster!

ELDERLY WOMAN

Don’t you tell me any more about these imaginary monsters. There are no such things as monsters. You are too old and too smart to go on like this. Now go to your room and be glad I don’t give you a spanking for the trouble you caused!

KATEE

But Nana!

ELDERLY WOMAN

Go! Now!

int. Katee’s bedroom

A typical child’s bedroom with a large closet. Katee runs to her bed and quickly hides under the covers.

KATEE

Nana says you don’t exist, so go away.

Katee peeks out from under her covers, staring intently at the closet.

KATEE

Did you hear me? Go away! I don’t believe in you!

Katee jumps out of bed and throws open the closet door. A reimagined style Centurion (New Centurion) Is standing in her closet. It takes a look at her and puts a finger up to it’s “mouth” and gives a “shhh” sign, then slowly walks to the window and crawls out.

Great job, TighGetsPunchedALot! Looking forward to reading the rest.

I cringe whenever I see the word ‘fanfic,’ but that was good.

thanks for the comments. I got another segment done, so far the voices in my head are telling me a good story… enjoy, and as always, all comments are welcome.

SUPERIMPOSED: 12 YEARS LATER.

EXT. BOTANICAL GARDEN - DAY

Humans and Cylons work together on the gardens as other Humans and Cylons stroll thru and enjoy the colorful gardens. A Cylon, DENTON, with a large dent on his head walks with EMMA (Elderly Woman from teaser)

EMMA
We are getting old, you know.

DENTON
with each passing second, we get one second older.

EMMA
(giggling)
You know what I mean.

DENTON
Our numbers are dwindling, but luckily yours are growing. It’s all part of the plan.

EMMA
Soon, there will come a time when there will be none of you left to protect us.

DENTON
We have many, many years before that happens.

EMMA
Are you so sure? I saw Chip the other day, his arm literally fell off as he was helping Mrs. Clara paint her living room.

DENTON
That arm has been bothering him for over 20 years.

EMMA
Even so, you have no more replacement parts, or reinforcements for that matter. Even cannibalizing your fallen comrades isn’t working.

DENTON
Most of the parts we can strip from units that have powered down are worse than the ones they were intended to replace.

EMMA
It may be time to update the plan.

DENTON
Is that a question?

EMMA
It’s a suggestion.

There is a GUNSHOT and a SHRIEK in the distance. All the Cylons immediately notice and become more alert, taking protective stances around the humans.

DENTON
Gunshot. Human screams. Something is wrong.

EMMA
I don’t hear-

A slow repeated GUNSHOT rings out, followed by more screaming, and an explosion. Denton grabs his sidearm, and sweeps Emma behind him.

DENTON
Stay behind me. Keep your head down. Follow me to the shelter.

Emma crouches behind Denton, holding on to his belt for support. Denton leads her to a cement bunker, Other Cylons are herding human civilians into the bunker while even more Cylons take up defense positions.

Denton falls in with a squad of Cylons.

SQUAD LEADER
We have 1 or more armed intruders. So far, no visual. Spread out in groups of six, check the houses, then proceed towards the gunshots. Protect any remaining humans at all costs. Go.

Denton’s team heads off towards the smoke beyond the village.

ext. village square - day

Several teams of cylons converge in the square. One of the larger buildings has collapsed and is burning. A burning Cylon pulls a body from the rubble. The burning Cylons freezes and falls over backwards. Two other Cylons resume with the rescue and take the Human away.

There is a gun flash from a second floor window and the Cylon next to Denton takes a head shot and falls. Immediately the Cylons in the square start a continuous fire towards the window.

int. building stairwell

Several Cylons, including Denton are firing up a stairwell at an unseen shooter. The Cylons are taking heavy damage and losses. Denton takes another dent to the head. There is a LARGE CRASH from the second floor and the shooting slows, then stops.

Denton is the first to go up the stairs. At the top of the floor, behind a doorway is a damaged New Centurion. It is shorting out and twitching. Denton breaks the gun off it’s forearm.

INT. Cylon Lab

The remains of the New Centurion are on an examination table. Many Cylons are dissecting it. Denton walks in.

DENTON
Report.

LAB CYLON
It’s crude assembly and irratic welding patterns suggest it was a prototype and not mass produced. I think we are safe for now.

DENTON
How did it find us?

LAB CYLON
The memory shows that it made a blind jump to the lower atmosphere and crashed it’s ship about 50 miles north of the village.

DENTON
Have the basestar find the site and upload it to me imediatly, I’m taking a team out to find the ship. Notify the Commander, we may need to start Project Seven.

LAB CYLON
What should we do with this thing?

DENTON
Strip whatever parts are useful, destroy the rest. Tell the Commander we may want to start wide-spectrum jamming too, in case it’s ship is still broadcasting.

ext. crash site

A somewhat familiar RAIDER is crashed into a patch of trees and brush. It is bulkier than the ones we are used to seeing and has a larger, open cargo hatch. Blood leaks from it’s “head.” Denton and TECH CYLON investigate.

DENTON
This jump in technology worries me.

TECH CYLON
Looks like they incorporated organic tissues with a metal exoskeleton. It looks like it suffered major brain trauma on impact. Unlikely that it could have sent a distress call in time.

DENTON
Unlikely with our technology, but how can we be sure what this… thing is capable of?

TECH CYLON
We may not be able to defend the Humans against this new leap in technology.

DENTON
We may be forced to let the humans defend themselves.

TECH CYLON
Even they are no match.

DENTON
Then all is lost.

I forgot this very important line when I was copying and pasting:

SUPERIMPOSED: 12 YEARS LATER.

makes a small bit of difference in the story.

A small bit? :stuck_out_tongue:

Great stuff. That tease gives me an idea to maybe write something about Starbuck having an encounter with Head Leoben as a child.

for some reason I read “Head Lesbian” the first time and had dirty thoughts.

I’ll be in my bunk.