Okay, so I am going to pull the trigger and COMMIT in the forums.
I am giving myself 10 months to create this costume for the April 2014 Calgary Expo.
What I am going as is Marvel Comics Star-Lord.
Things that I would like to do are:
- Full face mask that has lights (no clue on how do actually do this except for LED strips)
- Have the front of the mask come off and have “working” respirator still on chin / jawbone
- Guns that light up (glow) as per some of the comics (LED work again, I think). (might make the guns the first project)
- Do the red striping on the dark blue uniform
- Keep this affordable and hopefully environmentally friendly in the construction
- Attempt to find a cheaper version of what looks like pre WWII (possibly WWI) coat and pants.
yeah, that’s about it, hope this helps, and will begin… now!