Corner Gas

I would like to thank the Crue and Juan for sharing and mentioning Corner Gas. I’m loving it. I’ve only seen a few episodes of the second season (since for some strange reason the first season is not available on Netflix). I’m totally hooked. One of my favorite episodes is “An American in Saskatchewan”. I love the ‘leader of the ATM people’ bit.

The model of the show is so simple and brilliant. The characters are fantastic. The banter between Oscar and Emma is charming and hilarious. The scifi in-jokes and observations of Davis are entertaining. I love when they make references to famous personalities and they cut to those personalities answering the question or comments. Everyone brings their own unique talent. My favorite character is Wanda. Her timing and delivery is perfect and her dance with the fourth wall is masterful. It’s a well-written and quirky series. Kudos to Brent Butt.

It’s a fairly clean show and I can watch it with my daughters around. This is a plus since there aren’t many shows that I can do that. They don’t get the humor but they see me gasping for air and ask, “What is so funny?” After I explain it, there are blank stares. Still, I can watch it around them.

Anywho. Has anyone else checked out Corner Gas? Are there any other fans? If not, I highly recommend it.

Corner Gas has their own YouTube channel with Seasons 1 to 6 and some bonus material. I’ve been watching them on the Xbox YouTube app.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cornergastvshow

Brent drives my first car. My '68 Olds was olive green, though.